stop sterilising

me too but i will be excited if its 6 months!!!! hehe xxxx

Definately is 6 months but if you wanna carry on for a year, more fool you I say. lol

I stopped at a year but only because I didn't know I could stop any earlier!! Hadn't seen a HV for ages as I went back to work at 6 months and never thought to ask then!!

It's a liberating feeling when you pack the steriliser away I can tell you!

LBxx

Well at least it doesn't do any harm doing it an extra 6 months, just no point if you know. I stopped to the day, couldn't wait. lol

Really? At six months you can just stop sterilising? Will they b ok? THATS FANTASTIC i think im going to try get a ticker for when i can stop im always burning myself with the water in it and im sick of it, YAY 2 and a half months left thats 10 weeks!

We stopped sterilising things like juice beakers, bowls and spoons at 6 months but we still sterilise Charlie's dummies every month or so and definately sterilise his milk bottles as I understand that they can harbour bacteria from the milk if not cleaned really, really well so the sterilising ensures they are completely clean to prevent stomach bugs.

Correct me if I'm wrong :think:

all my hopes have just come crashing down around me ... shall have to carry on wrapping hands in bandages ... :cry: *closes down ticker site!*

oh mdsremos You are the barer of bad news!!! hehe :lol:

I might ask my HV bitch on thursday hehe, she will prob tell me to carry on till he is 6 years old!!!! haha xxxx

I stopped sterilising at 6 months but carried on doing her milk bottles till she was 10 months. I did think it was still recommended till 12 months.

I stopped at 12 months as that's what I've always thought to be the recommended age :?

i too have always stopped at 12 mths :?
i'm not looking forward to packing Louies steriliser away coz no more babies for me :cry: :cry:

I think it is fine to stop sterilising milk bottles at 6 months if you have a dishwasher as everything is washed at a very hight temp. I don't have one unfortunately :(

I stopped at about 7 months, as everything on the floor started going in his mouth anyway.

At first I would give them a very good scrub and pour boiling water over them, now just give them a very good scrub in very hot water. I still wash them seperatley too.

I will sterlise Isabella's bottles probably till 9 months but will stop feeding spoons, bowls & beaker at 6 months

I dont sterilise ellis feeding stuff!! :oops:

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back