stitches!

2 and a half weeks and I feel a LOT better. I took so much painkillers though. Still kinda achey and very itchy! I had a 2nd degree tear and labia tear. I too am far too scared to look down there though and very scared about DTD! xx

I had a cut and two second degree tears two weeks ago and I got an infection after a few days so have been in AGONY! for a week. Today is the first day I feel like it's actually starting to get a bit better. I'm taking paracetemol and diclofenac religiously as well as my anti-biotics. I really hope that once this infection goes I won't be sore from the stitches alone anymore.

THE BEST THING EVER is distilled witch hazel, on a sanitary towel, popped in the freezer :) Ohhh so blissful, was the only way i could wee after having J for weeks!

it totally numbs it, so nice!

Just came on looking for this thread, the itching is driving me mad!!!! Just tried to have a nap while mum is here. Can't sleep for the itching and can't scratch it lol. I don't have a bath so I keep having showers and that helps for about 2 minutes :(
It feels like my perinium is so big that its covered over my foof! Any other tips to help with itching and pain down there, I've also got a 2nd degree tear.

Oh hun I know that feeling I've only just started to feel normal down there....
Salt baths also if you can try abd be pad.free for abit I swear its the pad that makes.the.itching worst I use to if I need.to POP a liner on. Just for abit of air time.
X x

And girls I've only just dtd I was so scared and really worried.about pain due to stitches.but I am happy to say it.was all good!!!!

Just came on looking for this thread, the itching is driving me mad!!!! Just tried to have a nap while mum is here. Can't sleep for the itching and can't scratch it lol. I don't have a bath so I keep having showers and that helps for about 2 minutes :(
It feels like my perinium is so big that its covered over my foof! Any other tips to help with itching and pain down there, I've also got a 2nd degree tear.

I had a bit investigate when my stitches were a few days old and my perineum stitches had swelled up in a massive lump, absolutely terrifying!! I don't really have any advice to stop the pain and itching other than regular painkillers, but I would say keep a close eye out for an infection as that makes things a million times worse then is a hassle to get rid of.

I feel like the pain is getting worse down there not better :(
How can you tell if the stitches are infected?

I had a bit investigate when my stitches were a few days old and my perineum stitches had swelled up in a massive lump, absolutely terrifying!! I don't really have any advice to stop the pain and itching other than regular painkillers, but I would say keep a close eye out for an infection as that makes things a million times worse then is a hassle to get rid of.

I'm thinking it might be infected but it doesn't smell bad and it doesn't look like I have green discharge? I was going to pm you
X x x x

Mine didn't smell or have any extra discharge other than the leaking I was getting anyway (certainly nothing green!), or any symptoms other than more pain and a bit more swollen, which is hard to judge yourself. I just told midwife that it was hurting more and she had a quick look and said she thought it was infected and took a swab and sent me to the GP, the GP had a proper look and said it definitely looked infected and gave me antibiotics and then a few days later the swab results came back and they decided different antibiotics would be better so I'm on them now. I reckon if it hurts it's definitely worth getting it checked cos if it is, it'll take days for the antibiotics to work.

I've been on antibiotics since last Friday and the 'right' antibiotics since Monday and I'm still not better - a bit better but still not properly better. Got given another week worth today and though GP said it's looking much better than last week, it's still not gone and I should expect up to another week.

I hope you get sorted soon hun, I've really struggled moving about and getting up out of bed to see to the baby and OH is going back to work on Wednesday so need to be free moving for then! I imagine it'll be scary on your own if you can't move around ok x

Thanks hun, thankfully mum is here till tomorrow to help me. I saw the midwife today, a different one who was lovely and she said she was on all weekend if I needed anything so I'm going to call tomorrow because paracetamol and ibuprofen aren't touching the pain. I dread trying to get off the bed or get on the floor to change her nappy because its really painful. Hope you feel better soon hun.
X

Yeah I'm the same with the dreading having to get up and do anything. Getting a bit better now at least (I'm in the sitting room on the sofa and laptop instead of lying in bed so that's a first for a while!). The dr gave me diclofenac instead of ibuprofen cos I was literally counting down the minutes (and weeping) till next painkiller time, but she didn't want to give me codeine as the dr book said that different babies have different abilities to break it down and some can't so didn't sound too safe with me breastfeeding but they might be able to give you it? Deffo see the nice midwife tomorrow, this looking after little people malarcky is hard enough without being in pain too! xx

Thanks hun,
I just can't wait to have no pain! Mum is doing the night feeds tonight (she only wakes for 2) and I've been lying awake for nearly 2 hours. Roll on morning so I can call the midwife!

I'm at the itching stage now and it's driving me nuts. I'm constantly stoppping in sainsburys and wiggling my hips to sort of gently rub them and I must look like a right weirdo.

Also, my advice is to keep taking painkillers. I stopped taking my diclofenac as I thought the pain was gone but without it I was very uncomfortable. I've only got enough left for the weekend though so I'm dreading having to rely on paracetemol.

I wasn't given any painkillers so just using paracetamol and ibuprofen. Called the community midwifes at 9am and left a message on the machine. Haven't had a call back yet! Going to give them till 2pm and call back.

Did you get sorted hun?

She called back about half 2 but said she couldn't come out till tomorrow and if it got worse before then to call NHS 24. So I'm just waiting till she has a look. I'll be surprised if its not infected! Got some nurophen plus cos its a bit stronger. Thanks for asking hun, I'll let you know what she says
X

Ah I hope she gets you sorted tomorrow! Load up (within safe limits!) on painkillers to get you through till then x

I know this might sound tmi but even my clitoris hurts :blush: Emily is fast asleep and I'm lying here sore again. Can't wait for my bits to be pain free!!!!

Sitting up at the maternity hospital waiting to be seen because I do have an infection, really hoping I don't need to be kept in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back