stitches!

setdse

Reaction score
Mine are really sore and irritating and it actually hurts to walk sometimes. Feels like a shooting pain down there! Anyone got any ideas to help sooth them?

Mine are dissolvable ones. How long does it take for them to dissolve?

Hi Hun, did they give you any pain killers? They really helped with me. And warm/hot baths and arnica tablets (from h&b), the arnica helps take the swelling down so the stitches don't pull as much. I swear these three things were a god send to me and after a few days it didn't hurt was just a bit of an ache (like legs would ache after being at the gym!) and then after a couple of weeks I didn't even feel that, was perfectly normal again!!
Also, try not to sit directly on them, try and twist onto one side a bit or sit on a cushion and lie on your side when you're in bed x

I wasnt prescribed any pain killers when i left hospital which was a bit pants really. But plenty of paracetamol, ibuprofen and warm salt water baths were what worked for me hun. Stitches really are crap. Mine took about three weeks to totally dissolve but id lost a few of them after a week xxx

Also, slather lots of arnica and/or calendula cream, like loads of it, on a pad then sit....bliss!!!

I've been using tea tree oil to wash with all the time as well which should help reduce the risk of infection.

Mine are really bad and went to the docs yesterday. :( I hope they get better soon and thanks for the extra tips girls.

thanks girls! been having salt water baths and using arnica too! Worked a treat! So much better. just feels a bit numb now like someone has kicked me several times! :(

I gave birth 9 days ago... Mine are really sore but also v bruised and a bit swollen. They are just starting to feel like they may be getting better but v slow. I find this worse than labour! I was told to have hot baths with badedas bath gellee... It's great. Apparently it's healing properties are well known. I put tea tree oil in too. Also taking arnica tablets aswel as diclofenac which hospital prescribed. X

I agree Nanc, I found this pain far worse than labour!!

Lavander oil in bath helped me too. What are arnica tablets/cream and where can I get some?

Also is it normal to itch down there? Had son 2 weeks ago. x

poor thing , I remember the discomfort . I'd suggest lavender and tea tree oil in the bath , arnica tablets and poping maternity pads into your pants so they dont rub against you and hurt you .

Lavander oil in bath helped me too. What are arnica tablets/cream and where can I get some?

I had some itching , was assured by the doctor its part of the healing . Very uncomfortable though :hugs:

I had some itching , was assured by the doctor its part of the healing . Very uncomfortable though :hugs:

Ah good, thank you! I was worried it could be an infection or something! x

I'm finding the itching worse than the soreness because I can actually feel the stiches rather than just the general area.

I know I felt the same way , you can almost feel them pulling as you heal not nice :(

Mine hurt as well and just feel very swollen atm. I was worried about going for a poo but I managed. I don't have a bath which is annoying!
How long on average will they take to heal?

We4ll I don't know about other ladies , it it took about four weeks for me to stop being sore and six weeks to stop being itchy . But I had an episiotomy so maybe that makes a difference . Hope yo heal quicker than that xx

God I hope it doesn't take that long. I have both a cut and a tear (2nd degree) and so far I can't tell the difference between them in terms or soreness. I have not dared investigate to see if they feel different and I think it will be actual years before I dare get out a mirror and look!

Please someone tell me that there's healed in 2 weeks

Catty, I know what you mean, took me days to pluck up the courage to look! Never as bad as you imagine I recon.
AngelCookie, arnica is herbal and reduces bruising. I was told the pain was partly due to internal bruising. You get the tablets from holland & barratt, they are tiny capsules. X

I was told to stay clear of hot baths and long ones too.max of 10th mins! Cos it makes it go all wrinkly lol arnica works a treat! Mine took about 5ish weeks n I had 2nd degree x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Oh man I do not miss this!!! The itchyness is a bitch. When I was really sore and stinging (like hell when I pee'd) I found getting a REALLY hot hot hot flannel and just holding it down there was like HEAVEN!!!!! I was then okay to go about my business for another couple hours. Mine def didnt take that long to heal, I had 2nd degree tear and grazes. xx

Last edited:
Mine were gone by 1st week but still hurt down there for several weeks after :( I found going to the toilet to do all my business was easier with my hands on the floor.not sure why but stopped the pain.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back