Stitchers, what are you stitching?

Sunshine_1

Reaction score
I know I'm not the only cross stitch enthusiast on here, so while I'm still stitching (I'm determined not to start the knitting just yet else the baby will be a mass of white wool in 8 months), I thought I'd ask....

....What are you stitching???

If you do any other type of sewing, not just cross stitch, I'd be happy to hear what you're doing too?

I am doing a Joan Elliott Spring Fairy, and while that's on hold while I'm waiting for more thread to appear through the post, I've done my dad a fizzy moon fathers day card.

Once they are both finished I'm going to do a Elliot and buttons chart for baby's room.

I'm currently trying to do the Mearkat - Meer Cat one.

When I hit Tri2 I'll start sewing a baby quilt for LO :D

Awww I can quilt, but I'm no expert, not sure I'd be able to quilt something good enough for public viewing, doesn't help I don't have a sewing machine. After Elliot and Buttons I'll hit the knitting needles :)

It's okay I don't have a sewing machine either. Took me a year to hand sew my first lap quilt and it's not fit for public eyes lol.

It'll just be something colourful, nice and soft for the baby to play on whilst on the floor. Far too many dog hairs no matter how much hubby vacs, for me not to put something between floor and baby.

OT but I saw a lovely play mat the other day, not only was it like the normal flat ones with an arch over it with toys etc, it had padded sides! I'm seriously considering it to stop dog walking over baby (though I think your dogs would step over the whole thing lol, mine is only a Jack russell). DD used to go on a blanket on the floor, but I have a dog and a cat that I didn't have 13 years ago now!!

Haha yeah Sam did Agility until recantly. He's stopped atm as needs a tumour removing but will start up again once he's recovered. He'll juimp anything :S

i make sock monkeys and sock dogs/cats!

Oh that's so cute lynette! There is quite a buisness in those sock toys these days too isn't there? They are really clever

i make them for some of the ttc girls only so far its just a nice little time passer they dont take that long tbh

A margaret sherry cover kit. I usually do bigger projects however my attention span is pretty rubbish at the moment lol.

Margaret Sherry kits are so pretty. I haven't stitched anything since Elliot and Buttons, my hubby refused to let me start anything this past pregnancy sice finishing Elliot nearly killed me, he hangs in our room now with the few 'pregnancy memories' in the frame behind it.

Have you seen Gecko Rouge kits? They are really unusual, but so lovely, but the price matches how nice they are, I've never seen one for less than about £40

I'd love to get back into sewing etc but have to wait until Katie is in a routine.

I'm sewing my daughters curtains together to make one really long one as they're seriously wide but not very long x

That's very practical :) I not long ago sewed a second layer into my sons curtains (they were so thin)
At the moment I'm hand sewing a lace and satain quilt for Olivia and embroidering her name into it :) with a fluffy back - I've never tried anything like it before and will post when finished :)

That's very practical :) I not long ago sewed a second layer into my sons curtains (they were so thin)
At the moment I'm hand sewing a lace and satain quilt for Olivia and embroidering her name into it :) with a fluffy back - I've never tried anything like it before and will post when finished :)

Can't wait to see! :)

i crochet blankets, iv done all my daughters blankets and she loves them. im doing one for my friend who is pregnant atm. its theraputic and stops me eating when i shouldnt lol.it got me through 2 glucose tests while preggers

Eek! Love doing blankets I knit and crochet I did a nice one for my lo in purple "chunky knit" wool and a big one for my DD's bed - when I find them out (middle of moving) I will post pics :) xx

azu7ajag.jpg

That's the one I did my daughter

Edit - that's not the quilt I'm working on its the older ones bed blanket I did last year x

I seen this thread the other day & it inspired me to start up a new hobby (knitting) think my mom was rather pleased & brought me a knitting magazine. I plan to do some blankets cuz I don't think ill be able to get more complicated than that, for now! Haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back