Stitchers, what are you stitching?

I've started learning to sew, and have been making taggie blankets for babies

i'm really enjoying it - I just need to learn how to hand sew properly now as its really messy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362510802.580796.jpg
My recent project for mil I'm making another 2 for my boys. Made with old baby clothes.

I did share it the other day but it's the first one I've done and I'm so proud.

Another sewer here. My latest project is a keepsake out of H's tiny baby clothes. Not finished it yet though!

View attachment 33376
My recent project for mil I'm making another 2 for my boys. Made with old baby clothes.

I'm going to make one of these for Aaron!

I'm waiting for him to outgrow some of his clothes so I can use them!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I gave away a lot of my baby clothes so have very limited choice but i can't wait till they are done I've started buying materials to make a "proper" one.

View attachment 33376

I think this is SUCH a good idea. I can't wait to try and experiment & do the same for my LO. X

The reason I started learning I see was so that I could make a memory blanket :lol:

Tapatalk madness!

I have a couple of friends having me doing them some too.
You can pay people on eBay to do it for you but it's not cheap because it's a lot of work.
It's so satisfying doing it yourself and if you have a sewing machine it's so much easier.

My taggies

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362517569.433516.jpg

Tapatalk madness!

I don't have the patience for hand sewing.
You could make a taggie from two of lo's tshirts (the pictures) that would be really sweet and a nice keep sake

I don't have the patience for hand sewing.
You could make a taggie from two of lo's tshirts (the pictures) that would be really sweet and a nice keep sake

I have inherited a sewing machine from DH's granny, I think its older than me, but it does the job.

Once I got the hang of it its actually ok to use

I've got a sewing machine but don't bother using it much - placing the cotton in does my nut in! Lol!!!!! This was the first thing I made and hand sewn 100%
7u2e7a4y.jpg
a9aqahu2.jpg

I was chuffed I know it's not great but it was just first ever attempt and I made the stand for it to go on as well lol! It was a size 14 in the end :D

Wow that's impressive I did a fashion design course and could not make clothes at all lol.

I'm using a 1950s singer sewing machine from my dh's nan lol

Thanks bab *blush* I've got no idea what I'm doing I just bought loads of lace and material and dress butterflies and wires online and put it all together xx

How do you go about enrolment on a course? Do you have to pay for it? I've never had any training at all and a friend of mine was asking for help but I really didn't know where to point her??

I did a btech in fashion design online so didn't do sewing much it was more about the drawing it was about £300 but that was about 6 years ago lol

Tell her to try evening classes at local collage if she wants to do sewing they tend to be cheaper

I will drop her a text I haven't spoke to her in a while but she said she wanted to look into it. She has properly changed her mind now knowing her lol!!! Xx

I'm the same I didn't finish it because I changed my mind, wish I had now tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back