Still can't hear hb on Doppler

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
Should I be concerned? I'm not overly worried as I feel so awful there must be healthy growth in there.
I've tried for 3 nights on the run now and can only hear my own hb :( xx

Still very early hon, might not happen for a few weeks - my midwife wouldn't even check for hb at 16 week appointment as she didn't want to risk not hearing it.

When I got hb early on, I had to do it pretty hard way down practically on my pubic bone, heard it once then not again for a couple of weeks xx

I wouldnt be worried its still very early.

I remember I found the placenta and listened to that 1st as I couldnt find baby and that was after 12 wks I'm sure.

ETA it was 14 wks :) x

Last edited:
I still sometimes can't hear babys heartbeat. It depends on where they are lying and I very rarely get mine lyin well enough to hear. Apparantly having a full bladder and stomach cn help xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I know it's still early but thought it was worth a try.
I'll try again in a few weeks. I don't like using the Doppler too much anyway x

I never tried with mine till 11wks because with my 2nd pg i tried earlier & never heard one & it worried me very much.

I started this pregnancy at 11wks & heard it but some people dont hear it till a little later - it also depends where your baby is laying - it's harder to find sometimes.

Where about are you putting the doppler on your stomach ?

I put mine just above my pubic line - does that make sence ? In the 1st trimester i did & i use to lay down while doing it.

xx

Last edited:
awww am sure all is fine but cud be too early x

Still very early, hun. Even now I struggle to find the hb and I get all stressed out (i.e. last night).

xx

Don't worry, it's still very early. As someone else said, have a full bladder when you try, but you still might to get it this early.

Hi Cos,

I've asked my midwife to do one and she said no as we'd probably not hear it..

Don't worry Hun! :)

Xx

My midwife actually told me to put it back in the box and don't try til way after 16w cos even she would struggle to find it for me and she's trained lol. If it helps, I always find mine an inch or two to the left and about an inch above pubic bone but angled downwards. So maybe try those areas to the left and right? But like I said before, its about every 1 out of 4 tries I'll even find them xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back