Unable to find HB with Angelsounds **Updated**

Kimberly

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't worry because I'm only 10w 4d, but I just got my doppler last night and I can't find my little ones HB. I did it with a full bladder and I can hear my HB and other noises, but no galloping horses or anything faster than my own.

I know its early, but I'm just a bit concerned because yesterday it seems like my boobs have shrunk in size. They are still tender, but only if I poke them (they usually hurt all the time). It's the only symptom I've really had this time around, so now that its gone I'm worried. I just got my scan date yesterday and it's not until I am 14.5 weeks! I'll never last that long.

A lot of people on here have found the HB at 10 weeks recently. Do you have any tips on using the doppler. Did it take you awhile to find it? I've tried 4 times for about 5-10 minutes each.

I couldnt find my baby Heartbeat till 14 weeks so try not to worry, but one tip is to try really low down on your tummy. I didnt have any symptoms either early on.

Try not to worry, it's still very early for you to hear you LO heartbeat.

Agree with Ella, try using the doppler very low down and move it around very slowly.

Everybody is different, so some will find it early others won't find it until later on.

Took me a while to use it when I was pg with son.

Hi Kimberly

I bought one of those a week or so ago and I can only here my own heatbeat too.
I think its probably too early as the website said from around 12 weeks.
It is frustrating though and has worried me a bit!!

Thanks everyone. I know it's silly to worry, but I've worried this whole pregnancy after what happened last time. It also didn't help that last week my midwife told me my baby was mostly likely dead because I flew to America before 16 weeks. (I know, she is an idiot)

I've been using it really low and that's where I'm finding my HB and a sound like wind blowing. I'll keep trying and see what happens. Thanks ladies. :hug:

Don't worry, some women can never find a heartbeat and their beans are fine!

As others have said, go really low, right down on your pubic bone, and probably to one side. I always got mine slightly more to the right.

There's definitely a knack to finding it, and also its probably a bit too early.

My GP took me through the sounds you can hear with a Doppler. He told me the whooshing sound was the placenta doing its thing. Then my heartbeat, which is easy to pick up, then the baby's, which is often hard to find, even now at 18 weeks.

I had to try really low down, right on the pubic bone and below my knicker line in the early days. And then also right over to the left or right and low down. But then that was also from about 14 weeks onwards. I didn't try beforehand, as was told it didn't usually work well.

I've also read some not great feedback/reviews with Angelsounds until further on in the pregnancy.

I have an angel sounds which i fine brillant i didnt use mine till about 15 weeks so it is very earlier for you. But like the others have said try really low down and mine was always on the right in the earlier days try using lots of gel as that helps too. Good Luck

Well I've had a few more tries, but nothing. I have been doing it very low down and mostly on the left side as at my 7 week scan that's where they found the baby. (I've tried the middle and right too just in case)

There is an area down in the left where I can hear my HB, a wooshing sound, and wind blowing all at the same time, but nothing fast like a heartbeat. I've read that the whooshing sound is the placenta......is that where I should be trying to look for the HB? That's the area where I've been concentrating, but maybe I've got it all wrong.

I've decided to put the doppler away for a week or so and see what happens next week. I just keep thinking that if I'm hearing all these other sounds loud and clear, then I should hear baby too. :?

I don't usually find baby's heartbeat near my whooshing sound. Its more often than not further back and over I have to listen then.

And really, I often can't find a heartbeat for a fair while even after I've gotten all the other sounds loud and clear. And I am 18 weeks now :roll: Chances are it really is too early to hear your baby's heartbeat atm. I'd wait a couple more weeks :)

Im sure if you hearing all the other sounds everything is working as it should. I think its a good idea to try again next week. Its not long till your 12 week scan (if you are having one) so try not to worry im sure baby is growing nicely in there.

I have an Angel sounds one and I struggled to hear mine at 15 weeks. It was very faint. I still find it hard to find even today so I would not worry about it. I would have thought with you being able to hear the placenta that things are okay!

:wave: i just wanted to say that when you are moving it move it a tiny tiny bit at a time as its really easy to go past it

I have an angel sounds doppler and first started using it at 13 weeks. It took me 3 hours the first few times to actually find babys heartbeat, and when I did find it, it was very faint. Use lots of gel though, that was the best advice given to me :)

my mums a midwife and brought home a dopler for us to try and find heart beat and she couldnt, i wouldnt worry about it, apparently its because the baby is lying low or soemthing like that, so you cant get down in to the pubic bone to hear it, we could hear placenta though and i know my baby is fine because i had the scan and everything was great. Just leave it a few weeks and try again, thats what we're going to do. I'd just tale not that if a trained midwife cant find a heartbeat theres no reason for you to worry if you cant
Clare x

Honestly don't worry about it yet. It's still very early to hear a heartbeat even with the best of dopplers.

I was feeling much better after a scan on Monday night that showed that the baby had a heartbeat and was doing great . I decided to go ahead and give it another try last night and I heard the heartbeat straight away. It was wonderful!! We could also hear the baby moving around. Thank you for all of the support ladies. I'm 12 weeks 5 days now so it really was just too early for me.

yay!! Im glad you finally found it :cheer: and had your scan so you know all is well...Xmas eve and you'll be in 2 tri! see you real soon chick

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back