Still can't decide on names!

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Hubs and I still can't decide on names for our Sausage!

We want a name that you don't find on every register in a school (so not your top 10 popular names), but not soooo crazy unique that people can't pronounce the name either.

I'm beginning to worry, if Sausage comes early we will just have to call him/her Sausage - is much simpler...

Has everyone else made firm-ish decisions?

i have noooo idea im stuck between maya/aila/skye nd uv alot longer than me so dont worry :) xx

im due fri and being induced the same day and still dont have a name :( will have to see what he looks like when he is born!!

i like riley but OH dunno if he does and i already have a jake and harry so baby will be baby k till we think of a name lol :) xxx

We have no idea at all. We've been bandying a few names about but, like Lyndsey, I think we'll wait until LO is born before we make a decision. I've always thought that I won't know until I see him/her. For me, it's like naming a teddy or a toy: it would always take a few days before the teddy's name 'came' to me. Now I sound like a lunatic. The baby isn't a teddy, Karen. It wees and shits and screams... oh dear god :shock:.

I'm sure you'll come up with something soon, or once LO comes along. Sausage is good. I will call mine Monster when it emerges. :)
xx

Well you wouldn't find sausage on many school registers and people will be able pronounce it ...... :) Like the other girls said you'll know when you see them. We had a list of names for our little peanut (although my dad was trying to convince me to call him peanut) but over time we've got to know the baby as Max, I just hope to god he looks like a Max, otherwise it will be peanut! :) xxx

Think we have ours - we too wanted something fairly unique but not really odd - try not to worry - the right name will come!

I've always wanted the name Noah for a boy, so me and hubby agreed on Noah James

Unfortuantly we agreed on the name before we were married 6 years ago (21 seems so long ago!) and since then the name has grown in popularity- but I m still hooked on the name!

I think whatever name you find unique now or not in the top 10 will quite possibly become more popular as years progress.... Unless baby really is called sausage!

Good luck xxxx

We def have a girls name soughted but for a boy we have no names that me and OH can agree on! Guess if it is a boy... I'm sure we will know what to call him when we see him xxx

Even though it's very early OH and I have been discussing names ever since we first saw bean at 7 weeks.

The reason being is we couldn't even name our cat :shock: so I knew it was going to take a long time.

The fact we will stay team yellow doesn't help!!

We have one name for either gender and that was a struggle!! We both really like the names we have BUT I am still on the look out.

Best of luck hun!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

We just get silly with it. We laugh about naming Sausage Darth (star wars) or as our surname is Perry - calling Sausage Terry Jerry Perry!

Well done/congrats those who have decided.
Good luck to the rest of us :)

i was same as you hun, didnt want something in the top 10 names but didnt want something too out of the ordinary, we picked our girls name really early on and couldnt for the life of us agree on a boys name...so i wa pretty relieved to be told that we were having a girl in a sense as the name picking had already been done :)

xx

We was the same as you my oh spotted zack in a baby book and it stuck and Elliot wasnt decided until last min. We were sat watching petes dragon and the dragon is called Elliot and my oh part joking says he likes it when I turned round and said lets call him that. I wasnt far off due and was worrying about names before that.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I'm the same - wanted something not too popular. We have 3 shortlisted boys names, but will see what he looks like when he arrives. One of them, Gabriel, I'm still umming and ahhing about. I love it, but I know someone with a young son called Gabriel. I work for myself and this person sends a lot of work my way so I don't want to get her back up. It wasn't on the list at all until OH suggested it... and now I love it! It's never easy is it???
The other two are Joseph and Hector.

Oh we had lots of Boys names but no girls names. Boys we had
Hugo
Noah
Logan
Benjamin
Frank

But now we know it's a girl we've got two names to choose from and love them both
Minnie jayde
Summer jayde

Just going to see what she looks like when she's born x

Oh we had lots of Boys names but no girls names. Boys we had
Hugo
Noah
Logan
Benjamin
Frank

But now we know it's a girl we've got two names to choose from and love them both
Minnie jayde
Summer jayde

Just going to see what she looks like when she's born x

Love the name minnie!! :)

A friend of mine nicknamed her baby Ziggy while she was pregnant, when he was born he was registered with a 'proper' name but not one person uses it! He's Ziggy to everyone, including teachers, grandparents etc!

Im still deciding on a first name toying between, Keira, Kaia, Nyla or Naiya, ive got it down to 4 so cant be too bad lol x

We just decided a few days ago lol. we didnt pick one with dd2 till she was born x

We haven't really started thinking about names yet - when I was younger I always had definite names that I liked and didn't like (I 'borrowed' my parents baby name book when I was about 14 and haven't given it back yet...), but now that it actually comes to it I am completely indecisive and my OH isn't much better :roll:

Staying team yellow hasn't made it any easier, but we've still got about 12 weeks to go so hopefully we'll have a couple of options by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back