35wks+still can't agree on names!

new mrs G!

Reaction score
This is a bit pointless really but me and OH swapped a list of our top 10 names lastnight and only 3 matched which were just kind of average names to me :(
I have my heart set on Harry from the min we saw him in 4D, and he looks chubby with real boyish features ( looks just like dad). GRRRR! If only we could agree.
I know opinions can change once they're born but i really do have my work cut out if im gonna convince him. Im more old fashioned, he's more modern. He's normally laid back but not for the naming side of things. I knows its important and should be an equal decision, but i just hope most of you ladies havnt got a task on your hands like me :roll:
Arrgghhh!

xxx

p.s. if you still need to wash baby bits, im 35 weeks and its taking me AGES so might be worth starting a bit before you planned if havnt done so already.

Aw I love the name Harry! It was top of my list but it just does not go with OH's surname! Hope you can come to an agreement! I never imagined OH would like Sebastian for our son but as soon as I said it it just completely fit! And he agreed thank goodness! x x hope baby clothes don't give you too much hassle! Lol x I had an attack of nesting at about 24 weeks and washed and ironed all his clothes then! Though no doubt I'll do it again!!! Lol

I know exactly what you mean! We only ever agreed on girl's name so when we found out it's a boy... It is just an absolute nightmare so we have decided to wait until the baby is born (not to wind each other up anymore :lol:) I really liked Nathaniel and he didn't like it, he was keen on Cameron and I didn't want it, now I really like Cameron and he has gone off it so... Hard work!!!

EEEK. Washing. Better start doing as I haven't done anything yet

xxx

We have a list of about 6 names for each and are going to wait till after it's born to choose one that 'fits'. Also I'm hoping at that point OH will be in such awe of what my body's had to go through that he'll just agree to anything I want (tee hee). Perhaps you could leave the final decision till after the birth too and hope your OH is so overwhelmed he agrees to what you want.

Oh and about the washing, I've not started yet. OH went on a woodwork course to make the chest of drawers that I'll be putting everything in, only the course only runs in term time, once a week - which gives him about 3 weeks and 6 hours to finish it and build all the drawers so even if I do wash them now and put them somewhere safe, I'll only have to do it all over again for when its actually ready!! :wall2:

Oh and about the washing, I've not started yet. OH went on a woodwork course to make the chest of drawers that I'll be putting everything in, only the course only runs in term time, once a week - which gives him about 3 weeks and 6 hours to finish it and build all the drawers so even if I do wash them now and put them somewhere safe, I'll only have to do it all over again for when its actually ready!! :wall2:

Ahhh bless your OH - that's lovely!:)

Mrs G - I would just shout , ahhh here he is little Harry and annouce it to the all the staff and midwifes the moment he comes out, and it will be too late !!:whistle:

Last edited:
JJ mum that's so funny! I could blame gas and air if he ever hated me for doing that. I might consider that.....hehe

I agree though that hopefully he will be so overwhelmed and proud of me/ sympathetic to what ive gone through that he will go with whatever and wont need as much moulding lol.

xxx

We were lucky in that we both agreed straight away on our girls name but I am fairly sure we'd still be debating a boys name if we'd have been having a son.

We struggled with boys names for ages! It's a nightmare finding one you both agree on! It'll happen though - i'm still not 100% on our boys name (there's 2 I have as back ups!) We'll just have to see what we think on the day :) x

We're struggling on boys names too. We have a few girls names so hopefully that wouldn't be too hard.

I've tried all sorts of ways to get a shortlist for the boys names but we can't find something we both like.

We both like old-fashioned names... but that doesn't make it any easier. We go round and round in circles!

Harry is really cute. You never know once you've just given birth... DH will be in such awe that he'll go along with any name!!!

Good Luck!!!

Awwww it's soooo tough!! We have our boy names
Sorted...... But we can't agree on a girls name!! Boooo!!! He wants one & mine to be the middle & I want vice verser - I'm kinda hoping it's a boy so there are noooo arguments!! Hahaha!!!! But I'm sure hubby will side with me once he sees all my hard work in labour........ Here's hoping!!! X

haha we decided on a name i wasnt 100% on, but it was the only one we could agree on! we then split up and i changed my mind, but thought i had ages to tell him! cue the awkward moment when he walks in the house and the ambulance men say "are you ella's daddy?!" he was like eh?! harrys a lovely name, that was out boys name :)

Thanks everyone. Here's hoping he will go with my choices hehe.
I had loads of girls names too and know that would've been easier, but i guess men have an 'image' to maintain and want their sons to be mini thems so i guess they wnt want nethin they wunt wanna be called themselves. OH is called Alan though which is an old name so dont see the prob lol. Ahwell, we will either have a mini court-case debate sometime at home lol fighting our case, or will wait. Im happy doing the latter and putting the guilt trip on ;)
xxx

I love the name Harry and I think it goes with our surname (Ray) but hubby says it's a gobful and too many R's so you end up sounding like Jonathan Ross. I don't agree though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back