Struggling with boys names, and due today!!!

Heatherb

Reaction score
Hi All,

What do we think of the name Jude for a boy? Some of DH's work collegues say that it is a girls name, and that when older it will get the p**s taken at school.

We are really struggling with a boys name. We originally wanted Charlie, but we know someone who had a boy earlier in the year and has called him Charlie, so can't have that.

We were then wanting Cameron Charlie, but now not too sure. Ds2 is called Callum, and the names are quite similar when spoken out loud. I am forever saying that the boys down the road have too similar names - Wade and Ward - that I would hate for people to be saying it about our choice of names.

So, the only other names we have come up with are Jude (second name Charlie), or Hamish. But with Hamish, that will be the 3rd HB initial in our family, mine being one, and ds1 another.

It's so so hard!! Definitely decided on Daisy Lily for a girl, so I'm just hoping that it is a girl, as at this late stage I would hate to think that the baby will be born without a definite name!

HELP!!!

Heather x

I know how you feel.. though we have a little more time to think about it... we are also totally stuck for a boy's name.

I actually love the name Jude and it is on my short list - but DH won't have it... due to Jude Law being the only other person he has heard of who is called it, he is worried people will think we named our child after him!!

Jude is not actually a girl's name (according to our 6 :oops: name books!) as I wanted it for a middle name for a girl aswell but DH won't let me either! Although people who are called Judith get called Jude maybe.

i love Cameron its a lovely name cute for a baby and nice for a man

but Cameron is more girly then Jude i dont no any girls called jude

we are gonna wait till its born to name ours.. perhaps its a sign your having a girl. i didnt have a boys name picked when i was laboring with charlotte..not having a name isnt a bad thing.. in fact its better to see whta it looks like?

I love Jude, Cameron and Charlie. I don't think it matters if a friend called their son Charlie some months back not like they will be in the same class at school etc since he's some months older. I think Cameron and Callum go nicely together....or do what were doing, name a son after DH/OH!! I don't think he'd be teased at school for being called Jude at all, the name Jude is a male name in the bible, there are actors called Jude etc. I'd not think of that as a girls name and if you said to me "Jude" I'd think male instantly.

I wouldnt worry too much about names that are already "taken", as im sure theres many many judes, camerons and charlies in the world :D

Theyre all great names, and theres nothing stopping you settling on 3 favourites and then deciding when you meet him which would suit him better. Good luck!

agree, boys names are harder. i do like jude tho, and charlie as well.
i also like finlay and harley and alex.

Hi

I totally agree boy names are harder we just finally came up with a name and even that took forever!!
Good luck on choosing hun pick a name that you and OH like thats all that matters :D
Katrina

Jude is on my boys list. Also liked Cameron but we decided not to duplicate initials and OH is Chris. Keiran was also a fave but I don't like k's (odd I know) and due to rule 1 we couldn't change it to a C!
LO was going to be Patrick for a long time (I can tolerate the k at the end) but not sure now...........

We have a list of boys and girls names and I'm hoping I'll be inspired when we get to meet LO.

I absolutley love Jude! Its in my final 2 names to choose from. Its very masculine and will suit a baby boy and an adult.

I wanted Jude 14 years ago when Josh was born (pre Jude Law - I just liked Thomas Hardy and the fact it was the patron saint of lost causes - this baby stayed put no matter what :D ) My mum put me off it going on and on so I gave in .... :(

Suggested it to DH as a boys name recently and he said no - because of Jude Law :x I still LOVE that name :D

trixipaws said:
agree, boys names are harder. i do like jude tho, and charlie as well.
i also like finlay and harley and alex.

no fiance is called alex :)

alex can be both boy and girl too :)

alexandra,alexander

well hes called alexander but think he prefers alex :)

I think Jude is great ..I think boy not girl when i hear it

Got to say I don't like Cameron - but only because I know a child from hell called that....funny how that makes you dislike a name :?

completely sympothise. its so difficult isnt it.

i liked Jayden, until i found out britney has a son called that, and its really popular.

i too have a girls name picked out. so i hope my LO is a girl too :)

Jude is a lovely name :) If i was having a boy, though, I would call him Rhys (like Reese, but spelt differently)

I agree that picking a boys name is more difficult than a girl's name. I've had a girl's name for months now but have still to decide on a boys name. I think I've got about 5 to chose from. I think it will be one of those things that when I see the baby I'll know what to call him/her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back