baby jumper things and baby standing

Hemera

Reaction score
Hi all,

We got Drake one of those baby jumpers activity centers as it was on special offer. How old should he be before he can use it? all it says on the box is 'able to support their own head', also he's very good at locking his legs and supporting his own weight but is there any harm in letting him do this at this age? (7 weeks old)

Yeah I would definitely wait a bt! They need good neck strength or their little heads can loll o one side and impair breathing!

Tegan was about 3 1/2 months when she started using her jumperoo, she loved it! x

Caleb has a door bouncer which he LOVES going in! We obviously would never leave him unattended in it, but he holds his head up all the time now and takes his weight on his legs. But on the box it said 4m+... He'll be 10 weeks on Monday so it's very early, but as long as he's not on his own, I don't see the problem, we're not irresponsible parents.

He even tries to bounce himself in it! Here's a pic.

I'd say wait if you're unsure, but as long as a baby's supervised at all times, especially his neck then there's no harm xx

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 23
I waited till my LO was nearly 4 months as before then she would kind of loll about in it - she had really hit and miss head control though, sometimes she would be fine then her head would just fall like it had all become too much. She had excellent leg strength too.

Emily was 5 months when I got her a jumperoo. She only started bouncing in it properly recently! It looks like great fun!

I would wait until your certain he's got good head/neck control which is different with each baby, you will know best, Kynon still got a floppy head sometimes so I'm waiting a while. I also heard you shouldn't put weight on their legs too early either as they are still developing but don't know if that's an old wives tale or what age.

I don't know if that's true either Sarah, but my Nana was always saying it! She said we'd make her bow legged if we kept letting her put her weight on her legs. She still says it now actually, and the bairn's 7 months!

I think it's ok by 7 months otherwise they wont learn to walk lol! I think it's prob ok once they try to pull up as they are the ones choosing to put weight on their legs. Kynons legs seem really strong but I leave him to exercise them on his back kicking his baby gym. You have to remember very young babies are top heavy so guess their little legs need to grow and develop more.

I waited till my LO was nearly 4 months as before then she would kind of loll about in it - she had really hit and miss head control though, sometimes she would be fine then her head would just fall like it had all become too much. She had excellent leg strength too.

I found Georgie was the same as above - she went in her station at 4 months but she could not propperly hold her weight/centre of ballance and she would just loll to one side so it sat to one side in the sitting room for a month or so. I think she was coming up to 5 months when we tried again and she was still abit wobbly.

She had really good head control when out of it tho and was a right nosey so and so - I think they need the back and tummy muscles for these things as well as the head control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back