Arched back - non bendy legs... arghh

emilia

Reaction score
My little monkey has turned into a little monster. Bath time and changing nappy time, has become a task even too big for the SAS.... no matter how militant I try and be, I'm defeated everytime!

In the bath, Oscar insists on trying to stand up and ends up splitting around the place.... slipping around! Doesn't want to lie on his tummy.... sitting up is in the past! Trying to hold and bath him is impossible.
He refuses to bend his legs - as stiff as a broom handle! Arghh!!! :wall: :wall:

Changing bums is another challenge! Rolling around and straightening his legs so that I can't get the nappy in between his legs!

I'm shattered - the old back is hurting and I'm exhausted.... anyone else going through this? :doh:

Emilia xx

Yeah someone else is going through the same thing, it's a nightmare isn't it Emilia!

Charlie just won't stay still and wants to stand everywhere and eat everything, he pulled himself up at the toilet this morning and was trying to get his hand down it!

His nappies look a state half the time, you try and keep him in one position and he grumbles at you or they think it's funny trying to get away and that your playing a game! x

same here! i have to get some one to pin him down to change his nappy, otherwise i have to wedge him with my feet so he can't flip over.
Drives me mad especially when i'm not feeling too good!

He stands up permantnetly and is like a limpet on my leg.

Some days i'm thinking 'for god's sake just go away and leave me alone for 5 mins!!! ARGH!!! :wall:

Same here!

If Mason's about I get him to shake a toy over Brody when I change his bumso he stays on his back.

Bathtime is also a nightmare here, he never stops trying to stand up/pull the plug out.

My tip for the bath has to be to take the chain of the plug...that stumped Brody for a bit as he used to be fascinated by it!

I'm laughing at the things you've written!! So funny, but VERY frustrating! I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering like this.....
Hypnorm... I feel the same.... "Just bugger off and leave me alone"!!

As I'm typing, Oscar has just made his way to the other side of the room via crab-crawling! DOH

Emilia xx

Nappy changes are a nightmare at the moment! :wall: Ella does the same thing, goes stiff then pretty much balances on her head when I lift up her legs to put the nappy underneath her, grr :evil:

Same here, everytime I try to sitr Ella down she straightens her legs and wants to stand up! and nappy changing is a nightmare she rolls over trying to grab everything. I find giving her a clean nappy to amuse her helps :D

Seren is a nightmare when changing a nappy, just flips straight over, I put her back and she wriggles off her nappy over and over again grrr

I have yet to experience this, Rubie isn't too bad at nappy time, however she is like this when I'm trying to dry and dress her after her bath, just can't accept I took her out!! lol

Normally I just manipulate the legs so Noah cant move his pelsis at all and wriggle off, OH hasnt worked out how to do this, so he just curses as noah flipps over and crawls off half way through! another thing to try is to stick the new nappy in his face so he plays with that and is distracted while you take the old one off and clean his bum.

When it comes to bath time, I always share my bath with noah so he can splash around how he pleases while I hang on to him, without doing my back in stooping over a baby bath, getting the floor soaking wet. Once I have finished washing him and he has had his fun I get OH to take him from me and dry and clothe him while I top the bath off with a bit more hot water and have a soak.

Lucky you I wish my OH would do that!! I have to shower or bath when my mum comes round in a morning usually!!

i have a musical cot mobile with colourful animals that can be taken off over the changing table (haven't got one over the cot, lol) and if i wind it up so the music starts it will distract ruben for just long enough to quickly put a nappy on! it's a life saver!!!

Hi

despite bathtime, Kiara does this everytime i try and change her bum , she wont stop rolling and wont relax her legs and back it gets really frusterating expecually when im in a hurry. i have to pin her down still lol
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back