• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stacey Solomon smoking whilst pregnant

vampybear

Reaction score
Just came across this news story, Stacey Solomon was pictured having a fag, and she is seven months pregnant. really shocked me as she didnt seem the type who would continue during pregnancy- she wins all the best mum awards and does the Iceland family adverts but then does this.
Wonder if they will renew her contract...

I dont care if people choose to smoke as adults, but does wind me up when they do it pregnant or smoke in rooms with their kids there, as passive smoking is so much more dangerous than what the smoker breathes in coz at least they have a filter to suck through. Rant over!

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/c...tured-smoking-while-pregnant-102039-23773678/

Cannot stand smoking (or drinking more than the odd one at an event) during pregnancy, it's the height of selfishness. Caring more about yourself than that helpless baby inside :(
I'm shocked at her :(

I don't know how anyone can smoke while pregnant, the thought of willingly poisoning my own baby was enough to stop me the day i found out i was pregnant.

thats what i thought, but shockingly on another forum there are women basically saying there is nothing wrong with it and i shouldnt judge stacey lol, and that mcdonalds and junk food is harmful yet women do it- dont think its qute the same thing lol

I can bet my purse those people saying it is ok to smoke are smokers themselves trying to justify it. NOTHING will justify it for me, baby comes first for me and always will.

lol one lass claims she doesnt smoke but is the most defensive one!

but tbh i posted it coz Stacey just didnt seem the type, so i was just shocked more than anything, and it is a huge topic of debate, and i love a good debate lol

I went on nicotine replacement cos I couldn't do cold turkey, I was ready to kill someone. When my friend was pregnant her mw told her that cutting down to 1 or 2 a day was better than stressing out so much over it that that in itself is harmful to baby. It's a grey area really, some women can give up in a shot and I really take my hat off to them cos I couldn't.

thats fair enough- cutting to one or 2 a day, but shes on 7 a day, surely she can cut down that bit more?

even just being on the patches is much better as all the other chemicals in the cigarettes are not being consumed and a lot of those are worse than nicotine, so you did the best you could if you get what i mean

I stopped the first day, it was so hard and still is after 2 months. My OH still smokes and that doesn't help... but i still manage it. I could kill for a ciggy right now but still won't, i just think of the baby.

I really don't think it's that detrimental. My Mum smoked during both of her pregnancies and there's nothing wrong with my brother or me.
7 a day isn't a lot, and to be honest, there's much worse she could be doing.

I'm a smoker but both times I have been pregnant I have given up smoking it took me about a week and every cigarette I smoked in that week between finding out I was pregnant & giving up was horrible I felt so guilty about it! I think that I'm quite lucky I am able to give up that easily though because I don't think it's as easy for others! My mum smoked while pregnant with me & my brothers and there is nothing wrong with any of us but it's not something I would do! When I started smoking again after my daughter was born I never smoked in my house or near her (for example If I was out on my own with her I didn't smoke) and I always washed hands changed my top and stuff! I'm hoping I can not be stupid enough to start again this time but when I'm not pregnant and I have to diet (loose babyweight) I struggle to maintain being a non smoker also!!!

Women who smoke during pregnancy are more likely to have:
Babies born to women who smoke during pregnancy are more likely to be born:
That was enough to stop me.

I used to work in a shoe repairers and dry cleaners and there's a lot lot worse chemicals out there, I looked through the coshh files when one of my girls got pregnant and I banned her to shop front only to reduce the risks to her baby. She ended up off most of her pregnancy which was a blessing in disguise in my opinion. Funnily enough there was no word from our H&S department about it all even though I made a point of asking.

The one thing I found was the more people went on about it the more I wanted a cigarette lol, it was purely psychological but as long as no-one mentioned it I was fine, I'd see a quit smoking advert and that would set me off :roll:

It's disgusting.

The worst bit for me is she's supposed to be a role model, does she think its that acceptable that she doesn't mind being papped choking her baby? Selfish cow imo xx

There really is nothing worse than seeing a heavily pregnant woman with a fag in her hand, i'm sorry but it's disgusting.

To top it off the other day i was stood outside work (filey railway station) and a car pulled into the carpark, i watched in amazement as the woman in front passenger seat puffed away on a fag...with all the windows rolled up... with a newborn baby in a carrycot behind her!!!

That's horrible.

Am I also the only one who is disgusted by people pushing Prams smoking?

It's not as bad but if I smoked I think i'd hide it lol xx

My OH sowed me this last night and I went mad. I quit a week before I found out about Tyler and if anything gave me a push to carry on it was knowing he was inside me. There is no excuse with all the nicotine replacement products out now.

I used to smoke, and as soon as I found out I was pregnant I haven't had one, there has been temptation when I get stressed but I just could never do it to my baby, as I am so proud of myself I plan to continue not smoking when baby arrives and live a longer healthier life :) xxxx

I actually quit smoking to have this baby and I dont like to see anyone smoke while expecting I don't think it's fair on baby one of my friends smoked all the way through and have birth 2 days before her dd and he only weighed 5lb!! Now to me that shows that smoking through pregnancy stunts baby growth....however it's everyones choice and I don't want to judge or preach to anyone!!!!!! Xxx

some ppl are weaker willed than others and dont manage to quit. i can understand the ppl that are desperately trying to quit and feel horribly guilty for it but the ones that blatently dont care piss me off. im so sympathetic as i know its hard, i quit the day after i got my bfp, smoked my last pack after 15 yrs of 20+ a day and havent had one since, my OH still smokes but now goes outside to smoke. however his sister is 20 weeks and still has 1 or 2 a day. she is a really nervous stressy kind of person and is finding it so so hard to quit that with her it really is better for her to have 1 than the state she works herself into without any. shes on patches for the most part and some days even manages not to have any but most importantly to me she is trying, she feels horrible about it as it is and me judging her wouldnt help at all so i try to be supportive. i know she feels bad anyway around me because i gave up so easily and she just cant. i just think that im mentally stronger than her and it dosent make her a bad person at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back