spots... treatment?

jomc

Reaction score
My face is breaking out in really sore spots... some are those awful red things and some are yellow heads.

Anyone got any suggestions as far as treatment?

Ive tried anti blemish facepacks, plain soap, spot treatment face washes and even those spot zapper creams as well as sudocreme! Nothing seems to work :-(

Hiya hun, I tend to get some awful spots as well but right now I'm not bad. What I found was that using face washes was too harsh on my skin and actually made me break out more. What I do now is use face toner, like cleansing lotion first thing in the morning and at night and clean and clear advantage quick clear gel on spots. I'm using clean and clear lotion as well but I normally use the blue clearisil cleansing toner. I also use witch natural cover up stick which is a bit anticeptic to help spots but also a concealer. I try to go a few days without wearing foundation if I'm not out and about much and that helps my skin. I sometimes clean my face at lunchtime-ish if I'm just sitting in the house, just to take any oil off my skin. I've got oily skin - its a pain! Ive heard drinking more water can help too.

Just thought id let you know what my routine is :) seems to work, but I still get a few bad spots, I just try to dry them up asap! X

Last edited:
I didn't want to read and run hun but the only thing I was going to suggest was sudocreme as thats what I'm using along with my usual facial wash. Sorry I'm not any help I hope someone knows of something else you can use x x x

I never get spots ever but since being pg Ive had some horrid ones on my chin. They start red and then itch and I know theyre going to get a head on. I havent used soap on my face since I was 15. I use huggies wipes, I damp the baby wipe with very hot water, pop the spot, clean it with the wipe and whack savlon before bed. By morning its gone right down, isnt angry and I use a little concealer to cover it :)
Its horrid isnt it :( X

Dermalogica overnight blemish clearing gel is quite good, as is Liz Earle roll on spot stuff that I can't remember the name of for the life of me. Both quite pricy though.

I feel so gross at the moment. Not only am I huge and bloated but I'm pasty skinned with huge red spots on my chin and am either feeling sick or actully being sick. When does the friggin' pregnancy glow kick in??

Be careful what you are using hunny as some skin care product can contain certain chemicals that can be harmful to baby, there was a thread in here a few months ago. I was told to stick to the gentle facial care like simple or a maternity range x x

Thanks ladies... Ive been using the Simple range but have a horrible feeling that no matter what is used, the hormones are going to win!

Sudocrem - just wash your face with a normal face wash/soap then just put Sudocrem on your spots and leave it on the skin, like don't rub it in - just keep dabbing it on throughout the day and it will take the redness out massively xx

As its caused by grease I would suggest dont use a moisurisor at all. Wash your face and use a cleanser if you have one but thats all.

My face feels greasy and my hair seems to be constantly! Roll on Tri2 where we 'blossom'

My face is horrid at the moment :( Really sore bumpy spots on my face.
Just this time last week my face was spotless :( loved it too!

Was thinking of trying the Freederm one but couldn't find it in the drugstore. Will have to hunt around when I get paid xxx

Last edited:
Thanks girls... stat my hair is the same: i wash it and two mins later I swear I can see the grease starting! Cant wait for this pregnancy kow to kick in... at the moment the glow is just my shiny greasy face :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back