DEPRESSED!

Laur_250

Reaction score
Oh I'm so depressed when I look in the mirror, I can just about live with the spots Ive got on my back/chest in the hope they clear up by summer and once baby comes but my face looks awful. I keep getting red spots all around my chin and I know its my hormones (AHHHHH) but I just wish I could clear them up so I dont feel so self concious. And they say you're supposed to bloom!!!! Ive tried everything, over the counter creams like freederm, etc but they dry out my skin and make it look worse, even splashed out on some clinique products to see if they helped NOOOO, does anyone have any suggestions that have helped them??? Sorry to rant!! XX

firstly big hugs from me :hug: :hug:

try a good body moisturiser/shower lotion with such as dove that helps me
and invest if a body poofa to reach all those areas hard to get at
for the back a dont use my more expensive brands as i find a good old scub with a quality shower or bath gel lotions dose the trick.
its all the dead skin buliding up remove it gives the skin the chance to heal and rejuvinate.

some times the back get spots because it dosnt get the chance to breath so at night time wear very little or light weight clothing.

hope this helps hunny
sarah :hug: :wave:

I'm a sufferer as well! I still get breakouts at 28! Have you tried tea tree, it can be quite drying but not as bad some of the other creams. I also use clean and clear face scub, the one that is supposed to clear your skin in 3 days, its really good. I'll try and post a pic. Loads of water also seems to help me. My problem is that I cover up with make-up which probably makes it worse! xxx

Awww I know how self-conscious u feel. I've always had clear skin until I got pregnant! :hug:

I would say apply make up carefully to cover up spots. At first my skin was too dry and blotchy from first tri to do this, so I dranks loads of water, walked the dog everyday, took Vitamin E tablets and got plenty of sleep, and now it's much smoother! So a lot easier to put make up on.

I really hope your skin clears up soon. If not... Just remember that it will when you've had the baby, and by then, it'll all be worth it!

xx

I'm usueless when it come to spots, i've never really had them al suddenly prengnancy created them everywhere i've never thad them before, but i always end up with "pimples" rather then full blown spots.
the ones on my back and chest have cleared up fine by themselves but i have some on my forehead :wall: (somewhere i've never had them before) I'm pretty sure mine are stress related as much as anything else as every time baby daddy walks back in my life i break out!
I tend to use a nivea cleanser, which i find doesnt dry my skin out like most other cleansers do, and then some no7 face serum which leaves skin all silky soft rather then greasy.
Hope your feeling better soon :hug:

Hi, have you tried sudacrem? i find it helps with my eczema so im sure it would work for spots. Also try using oil of olay face wash, toner and moisturiser every morning, its brilliant stuff.

Thanks everyone I'm feeling a bit calmer now as the days gone on its just in the morning when im facing another day of trying to make myself look half presentable! I'm gonna try some of the new things you've all suggested to see if they help and just keep going til something makes a diference! Ive got 4 days off work now too so hopefully the lack of stress and extra sleep may help a bit! Thanks!! XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back