sperm test results, can anyone help?

jazzy2

Reaction score
hi girlies,
well just got the results of oh sperm test and not as good as i'd hoped. Doc said that he has 75 million but only one in five are moving normaly when it should be one in three. got to wait to be refered to the hospital now but was wondering if anybody knew what sort of treatment would be avalible xxx

Hmm, i dunno - that sounds good to me :eh:

If someone had 20 million/ml sperm (the minimum normal) with one in three moving normally, they'd have over 6.5 million sperm cells moving normally per ml.

If someone has 75 million/ml sperm with only one in five moving normally, they still have 15 million sperm cells per ml moving normally!

So you are still over twice better off than many men with lower counts but normal motility...

See what they say, but i can't imagine them offering you anything more invasive than IUI - where they inject the sperm directly into the uterus during ovulation.

Unless maybe there is something else wrong with it too?

I'm thinking same as louise here, that sounds good! He's above average with having 75mil.

My OH's result came back at less than 5mil with a mobility of 20%, low.

But it only takes one to make a baby sweetie, thinking of u xx

thanks guys, im feeling much more posative today, we only got results last night and i guess i just assumed everything would be ok so it was a bit of a shock.

got some forms to fill out and then we can start the referal process so just a waiting game now, thanks again for your replies and good luck with your ttc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back