soy isoflavones

Betty99

Reaction score
Hi I just bought soy isoflavones im not sure how to take it, is anyone taking it at the monument and have they any success stories with it.

Hiya, this was one of the many things I tried. I did 6 months. I took 100mg soy on cycle days 2-6. It didn't really do anything for me but this may be due to not having taken a high enough dose. They say that it is half the strength of clomid and most ladies start on 50mg clomid. Hence why I tried 100mg soy. However it turned out when I tried clomid I needed 100mg to ovulate, so if I tried 200mg soy that would have been a fair comparison.

I wouldn't start on any higher a dose than 100mg unless you have used a higher dose of clomid before and had success with it.

There are various forum posts that say to increase the dose as you go on, ie take less on CD2 than you do on CD6. This is purely gossip on forums (I could find no scientific study to back up the idea of doing this) and would never be done on clomid, the key is to take a consistent dose.

Clomid is most commonly taken on days 2-6 or 3-7, so I would chose one of these to try. When I did my clomid cycles I did both these and had better ovulation when I did 3-7.

Good luck!

Just to add, it is recommended that you don't do more than 6 consecutive cycles (can thin the lining too much for successful implantation) and it must not be used alongside any other fertility drugs (ie clomid).

Well I wouldn't say success story, but I took soy this month, had a chemical. Think the soy helped tbf! Good luck.
I did cd 3-7 80/80/80/100/140. X

Thanks snowbee and peanutbutter for taking the time to reply, I actually just picked up some in tescos it doesn't actually say what strength they are, Iv never taken clomid before. My periods are not regular so o thought maybe this would help as I'm not sure when I ovulate, maybe I should try something else any ideas if anyone could advise me.

I was just about to write this question.. Haha! Very helpful! Thankyou x

It should tell you somewhere on the bottle, if not ring them up and ask. There are lots of different strengths out there I did struggle to find one that you didn't need to take multiple pills for, I think I did find a 50 in the end as I remember taking two pills.

It may be worth a try with irregular ovulation, that is why I tried it. It does work for a lot of people.

Other things I've tried are agnus castus (1000mg through my whole cycle, some people stop after ovulation but again I could find no scientific study to back this up only forum gossip) I tried this for 6 months and it did regulate my cycle to start with and then it went nuts again and so I stopped.

I also tried Black cohosh, I think this one was 1200mg on cycle days 2-12, I did get strong ovulation on this. I did it for three cycles and stopped because I went on to clomid.

I wouldn't try any of these if you have a regular cycle but when your cycles are a bit nuts it is tempting to see if any of these will help it, which is why I tried them while I was waiting for clomid. I figured I had nothing to lose.

thanks everyone I also have angus castus I might just try that first see how I get on.

I'm on Agnus castus atm. I have pcos and it gave me AF for the first time in months. I'm really hoping I get a positive opk this month with it but I doubt it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back