sorry its late!! may upset (also bit long!!)

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
so i was went to hospital on thursday 10th feb to be induced. basically they started with first pessary which started me contracting but not enough to start me in full blown labour, but they couldnt give me any more in fear of over stimulating the uterus. same thing happened again on the friday!!. come the saturday they were going to get me reviewed by docs as no progress,,., ..or so we thought!!. I started with almighty back pain and for some reason the midwife didnt want to examine me although id be in pain for some time. in the end i was 2cm dilated and was told to try and hang on before getting me moved intp my own labour room (at this point i was in a bay with 3 other ladies). the pain in my back was inbearable. i eventually got moved and re examined to be told baby had gone back to back again. i had my waters broken and the procedded to labour very slowly. i could feel it in my back but no where else. the contractions were about 5 minutes apart but lasting about the same!! the midwife was astonished that i couldnt feel it any where apart from my back. the long and short i used all the drugs going!! (something i didnt want to do but was greatfull to have the option!!)had epidural. i was still labouring into the early hours of the next morning but baby wasnt for moving!!. she was also getting distressed and increased heart rate. once i managed to get fully dilated i tried to push for 1 hour and baby didnt budge!!. i then went to theatre to try and have alternative delivery but dr's couldnt turn baby and i ended up having c-section.

Due to old surgery it was complicated and ended up in theatre for 3 hours! my husband was there and was a complete rock. our baby Lucy Megan Connor was born on 13th feb 2011 at 0809hrs weighing a hefty 10lb!!. Although it was a bit traumatic it was definately worth it all. my baby girl is beautifulll and i still cant beleive she is mine!!. xxx

Congratulations!! It can feel very traumatic but I hope that doesn't get in the way of enjoying your brand new wee girl!!

Congratulations Hun xx

Congrats hun, sounds like it was difficult but I'm sure Lucy has made it all worth it! I love her name btw :)

x x xx

Congrats!! You really went through it didn't you xx

Congratulations....glad the worst is over and you can just enjoy the fruits of your labour!! xx

Congratulations for baby Lucy! Big baby, no wonder your back hurt

Congratulations on your new little (or not quite so little) lady! :yay: x

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter. It seems like it was hard work, but I'm sure she was worth every bit of pain!

Sunnyb xxx

Congrats, get lots of rest after ur c-section xxx

feel for you hun mine was pretty much same, had pessary then drip, had waters broken when I wasn't even dilated, a day later and only got to 2-3cm dilated and was in total agony and had eppy then he was getting distressed and they opted to do c sec 2 days after all the drugs thank god....

Congrats on your birth tho x

Huge congratulations sweetie, I'm sorry you had such a hard time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back