sorry it's a bit *eurrrggghhhh* updated 17-01-08

im back

i feel such a fool!!!!!

we went in and i was strapped up and monitored for half an hour... im having braxton hicks which i didnt think i was!
heartbeat of baby is fine too, and i had to press a button everytime i felt a movement... all was fine there too.

then she did an internal.. OMG i've never had one of those before!! have u seen the size of those things they use!! :shock: :shock: :lol:

when she pulled it out, a load more fluid came with it. she tested the fluid and it's not amniotic fluid.
she said i have a lot of discharge and possible infection.. she took a swab and has sent it off. she said i should hear back within 3 days.

she said if you're sitting down a lot then fluid can build up on your cervix and when you stand up it can come out all at once making you think its your waters.

i feel a bit of a numpty now though lol but better to check i guess..

if it's an infection, what could it be??? :?

Kimbo said:
im back

i feel such a fool!!!!!

we went in and i was strapped up and monitored for half an hour... im having braxton hicks which i didnt think i was!
heartbeat of baby is fine too, and i had to press a button everytime i felt a movement... all was fine there too.

then she did an internal.. OMG i've never had one of those before!! have u seen the size of those things they use!! :shock: :shock: :lol:

when she pulled it out, a load more fluid came with it. she tested the fluid and it's not amniotic fluid.
she said i have a lot of discharge and possible infection.. she took a swab and has sent it off. she said i should hear back within 3 days.

she said if you're sitting down a lot then fluid can build up on your cervix and when you stand up it can come out all at once making you think its your waters.

i feel a bit of a numpty now though lol but better to check i guess..

if it's an infection, what could it be??? :?

Fooking horrible those things!!!! its not only cold but it feels like there opening making a whole big enough to fit there head in :shock:

infection could be one of many things, even something as simple as thrush

Better to be safe than sorry hun :hug:

aww atleast u got it checked hun.
the infection could be bacterical vaginosis, simply caused by washing ur foo foo with soap!
those metal clamps they use to open u are awful i have had 2 in my pregnancy coz of all the bleedin i had in early pregnancy. i was sreamin the ward down it hurt that much... thats how soft i am.
glad ur ok xx

Aww really do feel for you!! Speculums are horrible, I've had loads so far!! It could be that you've just got alot of CM at the moment, everytime I've been in and had an internal they just tell me it's not my waters, but I have alot of discharge which is normal and to wear a pad or pantyliner as much as possible.
Don't feel stupid, it's best to get checked out :hug:

Well at least you are all checked out babe and its a good job you did go if it is an infection cos they can sort you out without it getting worse.

:hug: :hug:

she said to me.. it will take 3 days to get the results back, and if it's an infection we will write to you :?

surely if there's an infection they should phone you instead to get antibiotics from the docs???

Kimbo said:
she said to me.. it will take 3 days to get the results back, and if it's an infection we will write to you :?

surely if there's an infection they should phone you instead to get antibiotics from the docs???

you would think so wouldnt you?

maybe they dont think it's all that important.

at least your getting it sorted Hun :hug: :hug:

Linda said:
Kimbo said:

if ur waters are intact, bubs is fine,

if its like bacterial vaginosis or thrush etc... then bubba is in no danger at all :)

they would ring u if they found anything serious...

At least its not your waters- I am sure if they are really worried about infection when the results come back they would ring :hug:

Your not a fool Kimbo, I had the same thing happen to me, it was disgusting and soaked my trousers and turned out I had a bad UTI.

Yur going to worry more then normal anout things now as you have not long to go now. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

lozzi said:
Linda said:
Kimbo said:

if ur waters are intact, bubs is fine,

if its like bacterial vaginosis or thrush etc... then bubba is in no danger at all :)

they would ring u if they found anything serious...

ahh that makes sense thanks :)

sorry, is it normal to bleed a little after an internal??

Often you will bleed a bit- there is more blood supply up there at the moment- as long as it is not lots it should be normal. Maybe it will act like a bit of a sweep and you will beat us all to it!

Kimbo said:
sorry, is it normal to bleed a little after an internal??

totally normal - especially as she took swabs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back