sorry it's a bit *eurrrggghhhh* updated 17-01-08

Kimbo

Reaction score
i've warned you... its a bit graphic lol :puke: :puke:

this morning before i went for a shower, i felt like a "squelch* :oops: down there... then i went to the loo and there was like a tablespoon of pure white discharge in my knickers :puke: :puke:

then after my shower, i put my pjs back on, and i could still feel like a squelching coming out of me.
i dried my hair and then went back up to get dressed, and my pyjama bottoms were wet through. it wasnt discharge but clear liquid..
i dont think it was my bladder either :oops:

i thought i might have just leaked a bit of fluid so forgot about it, but i've just gone to get changed and theres some more there :shock:

what the hell is it? :think: :lol:

im worried if its amniotic fluid because it can cause infection if you're leaking, but i don't wanna phone the midwife because they only fob you off anyway and will just say "it's one of them things".

does anyone else have this?

sounds like fluid to me, wouldn't worry unless you get a sudden gush or pains tho, leah moving fine?

Babylicious said:
sounds like fluid to me, wouldn't worry unless you get a sudden gush or pains tho, leah moving fine?

yeah she's moving as much as she normally does

i've been getting the same just the last couple of days... i keep thinking that i've wee'd myself a little bit, but i know its def not that... i haven't done anything about it yet though - its not like there's much of it so i've been trying not to worry. i've got a mw appt next week so i was planning on asking her then...

:hug: :hug:

Is Leah's head engaging? Most people get a lot more discharge when that happens- might not be long now :dance:

kim, i have had the exact same thing yesterday there was quite alot of pure white discharge but there were tiny little lumps in it and today ive been havin alot of watery stuff. i rang the midwife she sed aslong as baby is movin fine then it shud be ok.
ive got a consultant appt next week so gonna get him to check me out.
i didnt wanna ring the mw either coz i feel im wastin their time. it shudnt be like that we shud be able to ring anytime! ive felt rotten for the rest of the day runnin to the loo every 2 mins like my body is clearin its self out coz theres nuthin left to come out of it! just rest hun im sure u will be fine but as u are so close to ur due date it might not be long for u to meet ur lil princess xx

Sounds like discharge, ive had tonnes on some days and wondered what the hell's going on. Keep an eye on things tho cos if it keeps happening may be worth checking ur not leaking fluid :)

I agree with Jo, keep your eye on it cos when i went for a check up at 38 weeks there wasnt any fluid at all around Glenn and i was taken in and they encouraged me into labour an i dont want to worry you as it may be totally different but he was born blue and really cold as he was sat in there "dry" as they say also as he was in there laying heavy on my cervix, he had a bald patch on his head and you dont want that for a little girl...lol he looked like a little Monk!
i didnt notice any fluid coming out either so it must have gone while on toilet or in the bath so at least you are aware, give the mw a ring, i would.

thanks everyone...
ill keep an eye on it
im still leaking discharge quite a bit, but theres been no more fluid :)

I lost discharge like that during the 5 days leading up to the birth! could be a bit of your plug going?

I don't think you should hesitate to phone your midwife for fear of waisting her time... isn't it her job to explain this stuff to you?
I mean you are about to have a baby and it's not as if you are an expert in labour and the like... I say call her and if she think you are paranoid she's just a bitter cow :)

my midwifes nice but i don't have a direct number for her :think: she never gave me one when i went for my booking appointment.

should i just leave it and see if it happens again? i had light grey pyjama bottoms on so it was very noticeable because it sent them really dark :think:

they do say if you're under 37 weeks to get checked out.

Also if you think its your waters, put a clean pad on and see if its wet in an hour, if it is i'd defo ring them, you may have a slow leak and you don't want to get an infection.

Don't worry about wasting their time, thats what they're there for and would you rather ring and feel a twit for feeling you've made a bit of a prat of yourself or end up with something happening and wish you had rung.

Always air on the side of caution, i'm sure everything is ok but better safe than sorry in my eyes.

moomoo192 said:
they do say if you're under 37 weeks to get checked out.

Also if you think its your waters, put a clean pad on and see if its wet in an hour, if it is i'd defo ring them, you may have a slow leak and you don't want to get an infection.

Don't worry about wasting their time, thats what they're there for and would you rather ring and feel a twit for feeling you've made a bit of a prat of yourself or end up with something happening and wish you had rung.

Always air on the side of caution, i'm sure everything is ok but better safe than sorry in my eyes.

thanks, ive put a pad on now so will keep checking :hug:

moomoo192 said:
you may have a slow leak

I just got an image of a Michelin tire... :think:

If you wet through a towel in no time it will be your waters going... in which case

...I've won the bet :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Sorry I mean you need to go see your MW asap... ;) .... Just because they will probably need to induce you in a few days if your contractions haven't started on their own, like Oksaan.

If its chunky discharge it's likely to be the start of your plug and if it's just slimy its just increase in discharge....

Like moomoo192 said... better to be safe than sorry...

Squiglet said:
I just got an image of a Michelin tire... :think:

u cheeky biatch u calling me michelin man :rotfl:
i know im big but fk me :rotfl:

thanks for your sensible reply anyway :D :hug:

oo how weird! Me too! Started yesterday and it really doesnt feel very nice!
Im just keeping an eye on it and if it gets any worse or I start leaving slug trails in my path then I will call the midwife...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back