A bit tmi, but is this normal??

alasia

Reaction score
Hi,I could really do with a bit of advice/reassurance on some stuff that's been happening over the past week and a bit!

This is a bit tmi and I'm really sorry, but it's mainly about discharge.

I'm just over 30 weeks pregnant (31wks on Weds) and over the past week and a half I've had discharge that's slightly yellow tinged. About a week ago I had sex and the next day I noticed a thick (kind of the consistency of mousse!), pinkish discharge in my underwear. I put a liner on and went to check an hour later - there was more discharge, it was sticky and quite thick; and as I was changing the liner some more kind of trickled out! It was very runny, and about 3 teaspoons-full came out altogether, then a few more drips. Over the next few hours it changed from that to being more of a beige colour and thickened again. Could that have been to do with the sex maybe irritating my cervix or something? Never had it before...

Ever since then I've been feeling strange - kind of like how I feel when I'm about to come on my period - and I've been getting occasional period-like dull aches, yesterday and the day before I had a constant stomach ache and my back was aching too, and today I'm getting quite a few sharp pains (just enough to make me wince) in my lower abdomen, usually on my left side. for the past week it's also been hurting when the baby moves, like it's tender inside and when he moves I get sore/sharp pains - but only when he moves.

I've also been feeling constantly wet 'down there' for the past week; this morning I had quite a lot of discharge and kept having to change the pantyliners I was wearing, as it didn't seem to soak into the liner and just sat on top feeling slimy! Although I am only using cheap liners from Boots as I ran out of my 'proper' ones!

The discharge is yellowy cream again now, and for the past couple of hours I've still been feeling...just really damp (it's horrible; feel like I keep having to wipe myself dry!), I keep checking my liner thinking it'll be wet but it never is! It's either totally dry or only slightly damp - so I assume the wetness must be 'inside'? Never felt like this before, it just feels really slimy inside and it's disgusting!

Oh I almost forgot - about 4 days ago (think it was a day or two after the pinkish discharge), I went to the toilet, thought I'd totally emptied my bladder but as I was changing my liner, something that I assumed was urine leaked out. Quite a bit came out, so I collected some in a sample bottle (lol) and it was almost completely clear, with a slight yellow tinge and when I smelt it, it just had a faint smell - almost sterile but it's hard to describe what it smelt like. Definitely bitter though, so I'm assuming it was urine and not amniotic fluid? Bits leaked whenever I relaxed my muscles 'down there' and I got another episode where quite a lot came out about an hour after the first one.

Then it stopped, and I haven't 'leaked' since. I've even tried relaxing my pelvic floor muscles when I need to go to the toilet and haven't had the same sort of leakage.

I'm SO sorry for the war-and-peace length post, it seems like a lot has happened over the past week but I figured it must all be normal/nothing to worry about, as I'm sure I'd know about it if I went into labour or my waters broke - am I right?

hi hun. im not sure wot this could be and i have noticed my discharge has been tinged beige and felin more wet but i have not experienced the leakin or constant wetness you describe. if i were you i would contact mw or hospital and have the check it out as it could be your waters and if you are grradually using them they will need to moniter you. from wot i have heard losing your waters slowly is quite common and this happened with my DD and i never realised and had to be induced. i hope everything is ok and would advise that you contact mw/hospital as soon as possible just to get everything checked.

xxxxxx

Thanks, I'm not getting anything now though! Well I still feel a bit 'damp' constantly (sorry for tmi!) and I've been getting lots more BH than usual, but no pain or anything...

Just don't want to waste the hospital's time getting checked out when I had the pinkish stuff on Tues, the watery leakage thing on Weds/Thurs and then what I'm describing today. I'd have thought if I was in slow labour or something then I would have known for sure by now?

I'll give the MW a call though.

you wont be wasting their time hun they will be hapy to help. it could be that you have lost your hind waters as i have heard some women talkin of this. the mw or hospital will be able to tell you all anyway. keep us informed and i hope all is well.

xxxxxx

You could have an infection too sometime in pregnancy you have no pain with a UTI. best get checked out and see for sure. You are still very early on for labour so if you have lost fluid you need advice.

Did you ask your MW yet? I hope they were able to help.

I wondered from what you've described whether you have a UTI or perhaps thrush? I've had a UTI and experienced similar symptoms a few weeks ago.

If it is a UTI or thrush then it's really easy to diagnose and get fixed. Pop along to see your GP if the MW can't help.

:hug:

I think the increase in dc and having to wear pantie liners constantly is what has given me a bout of thrush at least once every month throughout this pregnancy. Its horrible!!! I am constantly going back to the pharmacy to get more medication. Perhaps it could be just that? Have you got it checked out now? Let us know how you're keeping... and don't worry about seeking the advice thats what they're there for!

I've been getting a lot of DC too and it's slightly yellow - i went to the hospital a few weeks ago and they took a sample - aparently it was normal! I need to wear liners to and they're quite often damp and slimey - Sorry TMI

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back