So - what are my entitlements if im not working?

Beth88

Reaction score
Totally clueless sorry girls, but i dont have a job because im in the second year of my degree.. I have no idea what im entitled to? i obviouls yget a student loan, but i can barely get by on that myself..

My OH doesnt work either because hes also in his second year of a Law degree.. Argh this is so confusing..
:?

You will get child tax credit and child benefit. And i do believe you should get an increase in the amount ehy will loan you and in the grants that they give too.

don't i need to be working to receive child tax credits? and how much is child benefit these days?

Child Tax Credit is for people who are responsible for at least one child or qualifying young person. Child Tax Credit is paid direct to the person who is mainly responsible for caring for the child or children. If you are a lone parent you will receive the payment. Child Tax Credit can be paid to workers who continue to pay UK National Insurance Contributions when posted from the UK to work in another country in the European Economic Area.

http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/Qualify/WhatAreTaxCredits.aspx
have a play with this site and see what you can get.

I think child benefit is about £18 a week

xxx

Thanks - i went to the welfare people in the university and they helped me so much.. turns out i will get quite a bit of money - about £78 a week when baby is here, and the uni will give me a grant of £500 once seed is born, and then the uni will also either pay for or contribute towards childcare costs. sorted!! yay.

Beth88 said:
Thanks - i went to the welfare people in the university and they helped me so much.. turns out i will get quite a bit of money - about £78 a week when baby is here, and the uni will give me a grant of £500 once seed is born, and then the uni will also either pay for or contribute towards childcare costs. sorted!! yay.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug:
it's good to know that things will be ok for you :) now sit back and enjoy your pregnancy! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back