So shocked and upset

Dee83

Reaction score
about my weight!!! I have avoided weighing myself throughout my pregnancy as i thought that what will be will be and i didn't think i was putting much on anyway. Well i have just weighed myself and have put on 3STONE!!! I can't believe it! I don't even think that i look that much bigger than normal apart from my bump obviously! I mean i knew that i had put on a bit on my bum, hips and thighs but that is just ridiculous. I know it sounds really petty but i can't stop crying :(

They've said that they think i'm having at least a 9lb baby. Does anyone know how much the placenta and stuff weighs?

I feel so stupid getting so upset about it but i really am in shock.

xxx

Aww love I think at least a stone is placenta and fluid maybe more! I think I posted something about this I'll try and find it!

Why oh why did you give in and weigh yourself, hun? I've decided this must be done only at crucial moments - i.e. when in labour, because I will be more preoccupied with getting the baby out, or after the baby arrives, when the baby will distract me. Otherwise I know I'll have a nervous breakdown.

Last edited:
I really don't know why i gave in to it! I suppose i thought that with it being my due date in 2 days that i should really know the truth! Wish i hadn't done it now! I'm an idiot!

Yeah the placenta and fluids weigh so much and your boobs will account for a lot too, Try not to let it get you down hun, Iv been worried over this and from what iv found on google ect a huge amount of it will be gone in the first week or so due to the non baby parts :)

I caught a full view of my self in the Dorathy perkins all angles mirrors couple of weeks ago and broke down crying in the changing room all on my own so i know its not easy but just try and put it out of your mind untill after LO gets here :) xx

Awww chick I have been the same and refused to weigh myself. I'm still clueless as to how much I've put on and will hopefully never know.

:hug:

X

I have put on over 3 stone AFTER the birth of my children but wile pregnant I was probably more then 5 stone heavier, so you will prob lose most of what you have put on after birth, I've always lost about 2 half stone intently xxxx

Honey that is a normal weight gain especially for slim ladies like yourself. It'll all come off and u will get to your pre-pregnancy weight in no time! U have made a wonderful baby and there is a lot of weight in fluid, placenta, boobs etc. Chin up honey xxx

Im not going to weigh myself because i would brake down.... but remember most of the weight is bump! You will have a stone there with the baby and waters etc, I wouldn't get upset you will loose it all after you have had LO, just go on a few extra walks with LO in the pram and you will burn it off in no time xx

Aww thanks girls, u have made me feel alot better. Can't believe how upset it made me, feel stupid now :blush: xxxxxx

Its not stupid i would feel the same thats why i've stayed away from the scales! x

You'll be holding your baby in so little time, and you won't even know when the weight drops off you! :hug:

I never weighed myself and still haven't :shock: I haven't got the guts to do it. 3 stone is a totally normal gain though Hun. It'll all be more than worth it when your beautiful boy is here xx

Ive put on 3 stone and I still have over 4 weeks to go haha. Although I read that with the extra blood and placenta as well as the baby you could be carrying an extra one and a half to two stone. The rest will fall off when youre looking after a newborn, although I am planning to breastfeed, as well as being good for the baby it burns upto 500 cals a day and helps the uterus shrink back to normal xxx

Try not to worry - its natural to put on weight & it means your healthy.

I put on loads with my first, I went from a size 8 to a size 20 (didn't use scales) It was very upsetting & set me into a depression (after the first few hectic months when It didn't cross my mind) once I started losing weight it dropped off & I got back to my pre-baby size.

Dont know how true it is but i've always believed the placenta to be around 6lbs

:)

Thanks girls.

I wish that i could breastfeed but can't unfortunately due to having to go on medication after the birth :(

Hey Dee- thought it might help u to know that I weighed myself the day I got induced and then the day LO was born- I was almost a stone lighter- so that would account for him (he was 9lb) and placenta etc!
He's 5 weeks on wednesday and I've lost another stone since my post birth weigh in.....I am breastfeeding and believe that's helping.......Try not to stress about it hun- I know that's not easy but you just need to concentrate on getting ready for your gorgeous bubba to arrive :) The weight will come off afterwards, just need to give it time xxx

Awwww hunny give yourself a break......:hug:

You'll lose loads of that straight after the birth, also getting back on your meds will mean you can get active again soon, I can't wait to get back onto mine and be more mobile again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back