So much for formula solving my problems!

Urchin

Reaction score
Well I didn't know whether to put this in the HV thread, but it's not about weaning, or the sleeping thread, but it's not just about sleeping, so here it is in it's own thread!

I'm so stubborn and really didn't want to start him on fomula yet, but him waking up every 2 hours at night is really starting to take it's toll on me.
I've started being grumpy to Mason in the mornings and it's really not fair on him, it's the school holidays now and I want to have the energy to to take him places and have fun with him.
So after WEEKS of debating with myself whether or not to give him forumla at night to help him sleep more I made up a small bottle of aptimil last night.

He wouldn't take it! He's had expressed BM lots of times from a bottle, so it must just be the taste he doesn't like.
I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, part of me is relieved he didn't take it, but the other part is exhausted and wants a good night's sleep!

I've given him some "sunshine banana" cereal for his breakfast, which he took after a bit of a struggle. Now I don't know whether to keep trying him on the formula at night, or just to give him 2 "meals" a day and hope that that tops him up enough so he sleeps for 4 hours after being put down!

At 4 months I wouldn't worry too much about formula and maybe go with the two small meals as a top up hun. He sounds like he likes BM too much haha. Hope it works out! :)

Phooey! I guess try the two meals and see how it goes. The last two days Mel has had an evening tablespoon of carrot as well as his normal milk and he has been so much more easy to settle so I think that even these small amounts can make a difference.

Good luck!
+++

Hi

One night a few wks back I gave Olivia some aptimal in the hope it made her sleep longer and she took most of the bottle then woke up 2.5 hours later :roll:

How much EBM does Brody take?

Lucy

Last time I expressed he had 6 oz in one go, but it was so much faffing about I didn't bother expressing that much.
He's started spitting the baby rice out aswell now.
I just tried him with rice, he spat it out, so I tried him with formula again, he spat it out.
I'm expecting another rough night :?

Abi wouldnt eat baby rice but loved the banana or egg custart or baby rice pudding and veggie meals try these instead.

Manda x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back