Mix feeding and formula amounts

Mildly

Reaction score
Oscar has one formula feed a day at night before bed. After reading somewhere we should increase the amount of formula until he is leaving some in the bottle, we are now making him a 7 oz feed. Is this too much for a 7 week old baby? The side of the packet says that 7 oz should be given to 6 month olds. He seems to be happy to take it and I am loathe to reduce it down as he has had slow weight gain from birth. Also he is now sleeping 6 to 7 hours at night because of it :)

Is this a normal amount for his age? He does eat well at the breast the rest of the day, in fact he demand feeds about every two hours.

If hes taking it hes taking it! Must be needing it

I think I remember giving Baillie 10 oz before bed one night when she was 10 weeks.

The joys of mix feeding :wink:

Kim x x x x

If he's drinking it then it seems ok to me

Finlay was having a 6oz bottle at night when I was breastfeeding him.

Go by what your LO wants rather than the tin

Thank you :) I think I just wanted reassurance I wasn't stuffing him needlessly. It is so difficult to judge when you don't really know how much he is taking from the boob during the day.

He drained his 7oz tonight so we will increase up to 8oz :)

All Rudys bottles during the day are 8oz and more often than not he'll almost drain them, it doen'teven say you can give them 8oz on the side of the pack! I'm in agreement with the if he want is then give it schol of thought, I was a bit concerned he was having too much be he seems happy enough.

Alex xxx

:) I agree if hes happy drinking that much then its fine, baby's don't understand greed so he will only drink what he needs. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back