How...?

Maria1977

Reaction score
I've breastfed Oscar since he was born, which was a nightmare to begin with because his birth was traumatic and to top it off he was tongue-tied. I so wanted to formula feed as it was so hard to breastfeed, but I perservered and got there in the end... he used to still have 1 bottle of formula a night to give me a break and my OH would feed it when I'd gone to bed, now he won't take a bottle at all. He's got the TTCTN variflow, he's used them so I know it's not the teats, but I want to stop BF altogether and move to forumla and he just will not take a bottle. Short of leaving him with Dad and letting him go hungry til he takes a bottle does anyone have any ideas?

I find it really emotional to stop anyways, but know it's the right time. Any help appreciated... thank you xxxxx

Forgot to say, he won't even drink EBM out of a bottle either! He used to take a bottle fine, now he just cries and cries!

I didn't breastfeed so I don't really know but have you maybe tried a beaker instead? x.

I didn't breastfeed so I don't really know but have you maybe tried a beaker instead? x.

Ooo might give that a try, but I think I'll end up going down the route of leaving him with dad for the day and going out, just hate it when my boobs get full to bursting.

Hiya. When I first introduced lo to a bottle he would take it no problem atall from dad, grans, anyone really - except me. I found he just wanted the breast whenever I tried to feed him and I couldn't find a position that worked. Fortunately he only had to take a bottle when I wasn't there so it wasn't really a problem. By the time he was about 7 months I started to drop daytime bfs and once he was a bit hungry he took the bottle from me too. Now I can feed him either way no problems. Not sure if this is the same as your problem but might help. Good luck and well done with bf'ing for so long even though it wasn't always easy.

Hiya. When I first introduced lo to a bottle he would take it no problem atall from dad, grans, anyone really - except me. I found he just wanted the breast whenever I tried to feed him and I couldn't find a position that worked. Fortunately he only had to take a bottle when I wasn't there so it wasn't really a problem. By the time he was about 7 months I started to drop daytime bfs and once he was a bit hungry he took the bottle from me too. Now I can feed him either way no problems. Not sure if this is the same as your problem but might help. Good luck and well done with bf'ing for so long even though it wasn't always easy.

Hiya. Breastfeeding did used to take up alot of my time, but he's much more efficient these days and can fill himself up in a few mins now. The main reason I want to stop is I want my body back now, I hate my boobs being so big, they went up 2 cup sizes, I've got them down 1 now but I run most days and they're so heavy and I hate nursing bras, I want my nice bras again with lovely underwires lol

We'll get there, I guess I just need to be strong and know tha the won't starve himself and just leave him with dad for a day til he takes the bottle. I always taste the formula to make sure it's not too hot and I love it, I'd drink it lol

Haha. I know exactly what you mean about the nice bras. Now that I am not feeding during the day I love wearing nice underwear again. I had really little boobs before and love how big they are just now though. I understand what you mean about wanting your body back. I think people should feed their lo's in what ever way works best for mum and baby. I have seen people struggling with breast feeding and wonder why they put themselves through so much distress. O have heard that giving milk in a beaker or cup can aid the transition though so good luck. I'm rambling now, aren't I?

Thanx Gemmgirl. I can't wait to just wear normal bras and stop walking round in blooming nursing nighties at home lol. my oh says they aren't very becoming lol

Might give the beaker/cup a try xx

I had problems with alanna , she fought the breast, then the bottle, I tried TTCTN she was fine for a week or so then started fighting them, Then tried BreastFlow , again fine for a week then fought them, Now I use doctor browns.

My friend has this problem - her Mum had to come and take over for a weekend so she had no choice but to have the formula - she can't get enough of it now, she's a little porker! xx

We used to use the breastflow bottles and he was fine with them. but now also screams at them too. Think we will just have to go down the route of me disappearing for the day, I know he uses me for comfort too as he doesn't fall asleep unless it's on me... well he did used to it's just a bad habit I let him get into, but he did fall asleep without me today yay

I love formula, it's yummy, he's so fussy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back