So...Kate is breastfeeding.

knopk@

Reaction score
I was very pleased to hear she is breastfeeding, bet she had all the support in the world though. But good on her and little prince.
Do you think its likely to increase breastfeeding rates?
Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Yes I think k it will. If she is open with any struggles she had doing it as well(she May not have and I don't think she should have to tell, just mean if she did) I think that would help tooxx

I think it would be great if she did share her experience with other mums and mums to be. I found those first weeks to be very hard

Me too. That's the part when I wanted to give up. I wanted to do the volunteer breastfeeding mum's in the community thing that's up here sometimes people's past experiences good or bad can help you xxx

Aww thats good! I was wondering today if she would BF xx

I read that she had a few initial problems but that has the hang of it now and that she doesn't want to become a poster girl for breastfeeding, she feels its a very private and personal choice. Apparently princess Diana breastfed too x

I think it's great that she is bfing and it might increase people's want to do it. She shouldn't be put out there as a figure for bfing as she is a new mother who is still learning about her new little bundle.

I wish the media would just leave her to it tbh.

X

I really hope it does increase BFing rates.

From speaking to mum's about BFing as a support worker I have found that so many have nearly stopped because of societies view of BFing. I used to hide away when feeding C when my parents/DHs parents were round then one day I just fed C in front of them, nobody batted an eyelid. But the ladies I have spoken to just don't have the support and are constantly being badgered to stop BFing so there family can feed there LO?

Sorry but of a garbled response!! X

From speaking to mum's about BFing as a support worker I have found that so many have nearly stopped because of societies view of BFing. I used to hide away when feeding C when my parents/DHs parents were round then one day I just fed C in front of them, nobody batted an eyelid. But the ladies I have spoken to just don't have the support and are constantly being badgered to stop BFing so there family can feed there LO?

Yes I have seen this, because they want "a shot" of feeding the baby.

Funny cos no one wants a shot of staying up all night doing feeds or changing dirty bums. Anyway that's another subject.

Spoke to a guy on a night out recently who's wife had not long had a baby, he asked me how I'd lost my baby weight, I said I had breastfed. He sais "ah I see, my wife isn't breastfeeding, she is just doin if the normal way"...... now that gives an idea on how people think xxx

I want to become a peer supporter too, even of i can make a.difference by encouraging 1 mum to continue, it would make me happy. Its such a precious gift to give.
I am doing my bit by not covering up(unless it sunny or windy so i.use a cover as a pritection).
Funnily enough royal family have breastfed for quite a long time.

Yes I have seen this, because they want "a shot" of feeding the baby.

Funny cos no one wants a shot of staying up all night doing feeds or changing dirty bums. Anyway that's another subject.

Spoke to a guy on a night out recently who's wife had not long had a baby, he asked me how I'd lost my baby weight, I said I had breastfed. He sais "ah I see, my wife isn't breastfeeding, she is just doin if the normal way"...... now that gives an idea on how people think xxx

Yes I work with a load of Engineers and have had to express in a meeting room in a Hanger on a KIT day. Pretty much all of them were shocked that I was BFing, there partners are predominantly bottle feeding and about six of them said at least they can help with feeds.

I just enjoy talking about BFing although I have not found it easy it's so much easier than bottles even though I am only topping up with cows milk due to pregnancy supply issues.

Xx

I still use a scarf to cover up if I'm out and about purely because M is super nosey!

I'd live to be a peer supporter too just with work I can't get the time to do a course!!

x

This is the thing. When your doing it you can give as much and as little time as you can, but it's the initial training that you do that will take up time that I maybe won't have with a full time Job. I might wait and see if I could do it when on annual leave. But you need shadow health visitors and speak to mum's in all sorts o different circumstances so it must last a while

I just feel that the experience I had and issues I had, my thoughts before I stopped and my thoughts after could benefit someone who is struggling. My problem was I thought everyone could do it except me. Xxx

I read up and it says you need to have bf for 3 months. I managed 14 weeks exclusively and combo fed till she was 20 weeks. Only introduced formula because I was going back to work at 23 weeks and I thought because she cried for a feed an hour after her morning feed she wasn't getting enough....She still did this on formula. So I feed that I could help, plus the umpteen cases of blocked ducts, cracked bleeding nipples, hole in my nipple and mastitis,plus just that horrible feeling of "I'm rubbish" sometimes it was enough to know I wasn't the only one that kept me going.

I read up and it says you need to have bf for 3 months. I managed 14 weeks exclusively and combo fed till she was 20 weeks. Only introduced formula because I was going back to work at 23 weeks and I thought because she cried for a feed an hour after her morning feed she wasn't getting enough....She still did this on formula. So I feed that I could help, plus the umpteen cases of blocked ducts, cracked bleeding nipples, hole in my nipple and mastitis,plus just that horrible feeling of "I'm rubbish" sometimes it was enough to know I wasn't the only one that kept me going.

In our area you only have had to bf for 6weeks to be a peer supporter, and as far as I'm aware there's no shadowing HV's. must be different in different areas.

Yeah different areas. This is nhs Lanarkshire that run this one. We have the lowest breastfeeding rate out of all the council's in Scotland, that's prob why there is more in it. It's supervised volunteering as part of your training, after your 8 half day training sessions xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back