Breastfeeding advert

*Star*

Reaction score
Ok so I'm watching tele and this advert comes on saying how we all know that breastfeeding is best for our child as it provides all the nutrients for a growing baby etc etc etc

and i thought, how great, and advert that promotes breastfeeding and not formula milk.

but i thought too soon and almost straight away it started talking about if you stopped breastfeeding and wanted to move to formula this this is the one you should use cause blah blah blah.

i dont get why there is no adverts that just promote breastfeeding. maybe because the fomula companies have lots of money to promote their product and well breastfeeding doesnt really have anything like that.

i was quite disappointed really, i mean i know formul makers cant advertise milk for babies under 6 months, but where are the adverts that advertise breastfeeding for the first 6 months (and beyond)

please dont turn this into a breast v bottle issue. its not meant to be for that. i just think its very unfair and narrow minded not to advertise breastfeeding in the same way as formula on television.

i would love to see a breast feeding advert like that one in the uk.

I find that even though they're technically advertising follow on milk they tend to use babies well under 6 months in the advert

That one about " i promise not to say my mum thinks your holding the baby wrong" doesn't mention follow on milk at all it just pictures it at the end, i was surprised it was advertising formula tbh, and the thing about doing his fair share of night feeds is just advertising it as a way to share the load.

Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against the use of formula and i wish my antenatal classes had included a how to ensure you make bottles correctly course as well as a breast feeding one but i think they advertise it wrongly

I saw that! And i thought exactly the same thing thing, til the big bottle of SMA or w/e the heck it was popped up. I've never seen a BF advert. Ever. I saw this one in a mag "Your milk is the most important gift you can give..."

And IT was a formula ad too!

Midna's right though, it won't happen

wow i LOVE that advert :cheer: :cheer: wish tehy would show that in the uk too

midna said:
Ahh it will never happen it would offend too many people.

But if it's happened in our part of the UK why won't it happen down South?

that would be great if we had advertisements like that here.

midna said:

WE DO!!! I've seen a breastfeeding ad a few times on TV and I'm bang in the middle of England. It's a nice one too, a yong mum chatting to a friend in the park.

The fact not many of us have seen it is a shame, it obviously needs to be on more. Bet we've all seen the SMA one where the man's shown to be a good dad cause he does the night bottle :roll: :D

Can't find it on Youtube, grrrrrr

Minxy said:
midna said:

WE DO!!! I've seen a breastfeeding ad a few times on TV and I'm bang in the middle of England. It's a nice one too, a yong mum chatting to a friend in the park.

The fact not many of us have seen it is a shame, it obviously needs to be on more. Bet we've all seen the SMA one where the man's shown to be a good dad cause he does the night bottle :roll: :D

Can't find it on Youtube, grrrrrr

Oh yeah i remember that

http://www.breastfeeding.nhs.uk/en/fe/advert_mp.htm

unfortunately i think i've only seen it 3 times which is a shame - and i'm home a lot loool

I've never seen it but to be fair I only watch CBeebies and Nick Jnr.... :lol:

Jade&Evie said:
I've never seen it but to be fair I only watch CBeebies and Nick Jnr.... :lol:

I hear you sister, I get screamed at if I turn over :?

:lol: I think they should just make the formula adverts more realistic...

30 minutes sterilising.... 10 minutes preparing bottle... 5 minutes gagging over smelly poo...

While in the background there's a woman reading Grazia with her baby happily feeding from her boob.... :D

:lol: If thats not an advert for breastfeeding I don't know what is... :think:

Jade&Evie said:
:lol: I think they should just make the formula adverts more realistic...

30 minutes sterilising.... 10 minutes preparing bottle... 5 minutes gagging over smelly poo...

While in the background there's a woman reading Grazia with her baby happily feeding from her boob.... :D

:lol: If thats not an advert for breastfeeding I don't know what is... :think:

Don't forget the man fast asleep in bed in the background. None of this dad doing the night feed bollocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back