BBC3 Documentary About Breastfeeding. With Cherry Healey

Renegade Pics

Reaction score
BBC3 and Renegade Pictures is producing a warm, thoughtful documentary with immersive journalist and new mum Cherry Healey as she investigates the world of breastfeeding. Following on from her film about pregnancy and marriage, we're looking for a whole host of women that Cherry can meet and talk to.

Are you a new mum, completely alien to the world of breastfeeding?
Are you having difficulty breastfeeding? Suffering from Mastitis?
Are you a teenage mum? Finding breastfeeding easy or don't even want to try?
Do you not want to stop breastfeeding? Loving every moment and really bonding with your baby? Seeing any physical benefits?
Do you share breastfeeding duties with your friends?

Whatever your age, situation and experiences we would love to talk to you about the choices you have made. So, please get in touch!

Call Livia: 0207 449 3228

[email protected]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

BBC Three and Renegade Pictures are making a new documentary about breastfeeding and are looking for women who are currently expecting a baby to take part.

The documentary will be a warm, thoughtful look at attitudes towards breastfeeding and will be presented by Cherry Healy, who recently had a baby herself and has presented a series of documentaries for BBC Three about pregnancy, dating and marriage.

We would love to hear from first time mums who are due soon (or past their due date but still waiting for baby to arrive!) and who are keen to try breastfeeding. Due to our tight time frame and for practical reasons we are only looking for women who live in or around the London area.

We can potentially offer you support from breastfeeding councilors/peer support workers and will also be hosting an antenatal breastfeeding workshop – please get in touch to find out more.

Please note this is a balanced documentary and we are including opinions from both those who have chosen to breastfeed, and those who have chosen not to.

We are a small, all-female team and documentary is sensitively filmed to ensure that people feel comfortable whilst taking part. Getting in touch does not commit you to the programme in any way.

If you’re interested, please respond to this email or call Lily on 020 7449 3242.

Hi

I didn’t want to read and run – as I live in Scotland I wouldn’t be able to take part in your programme but thought I’d share my experience…

I breastfeed DD (now 4 ½) for four days before giving up due to pain and exhaustion!! Felt like a total failure and even ended up having some counselling! I do agree with promoting breastfeeding but they shouldn’t make you feel like such a loser if it doesn’t work out!!

Anyway I’m all for trying again - I know breastfeeding isn’t impossible and I really want it to work this time!

I’ve been offered bf workshop again – but I don’t want to go as I don’t really need to hear all the stories of women that overcame the pain etc etc cos I didn’t and that still makes me feel a bit of failure :0(( Good news midwife has offered me a one to one session at home to go over some of the stuff.

Your programme sounds really good and I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing the results!!!!

Last edited:
Sounds great, shame it's not open to mums who already have kids and have not yet tried breastfeeding, as these are inportant views too I feel being in this situation myself. When would you programme be expected to air? it would be good to watch this as a help for myself , due in january thanks

Hi ladies, thanks for replying.
Hope you enjoy the programme. I'll let you know when it airs.
Good luck xx

We are currently filming a documentary with presenter Cherry Healey for BBC3 about breastfeeding, following on from her films about marriage and childbirth. If you are currently experiencing problems, we have an expert breastfeeding counsellor on hand for support.

If you've got cracked nipples / poor latch / over or under supply or mastitis, give us a call.

We are a small all female production team and filming is done sensitively to ensure everyone feels comfortable. Getting in touch doesn't commit you to taking part.

If you are interested, please contact Lily on 020 7449 3242.

Could you please respect our spam policy and only post your research (once) with the Research & Media.

Threads merged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back