• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So I think I may be on Clomid next cycle...

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hi Girls!

I emailed my private doc after I ended up having my OV on day 24 after last months day 15 OV, I thought my cycles were improving but they're clearly not so I said that I was concerned that I don't quite OV properly.

He has agreed and I think I will have Clomid next cycle, I need to speak to Hubby about it as he wants to go away to Barbados but I just want to get preggers now, I'm bored of TTC and I'm bored of worrying if everything will be ok when I do get preggers I just want this part of my life to be over and to be able to move on, I guess that's more important to me than a holiday!

Of all the Clomid ladies who has scans and who doesn't?

xx

hey chick

I think clomid could work well for you, just be prepared for all the yucky side effects that come with it!!

I had scans on 3 of my clomid cycles, but I know not everyone gets offered them. Will you have to pay privately if you wanted to have scans and bloods done ???

You can still have a holiday and take clomid, you could even try and plan it around your cycles so that you arent away when you need to have the scan done.

I totally get what you mean about wanting this part over with, I am so worn out by it all like you I just want it over with already x

Hi Vic, :)

Hope you're good Hun, I won't want to fly if I'm preggers so if I do go I'l have a break first, I don't ideally want to though....

There's so many of us here now who are LLLTTTCers ( That's long long long time TTCcers!)

We all just 'have' to get there soon, hopefully all at once so we can be in the tri's together!

xx

Its so bloody hard isnt it, we put so much of our lives on hold just in case it happens because it means so much to us all, and every month that goes by is like a giant slap in the face!!!

I think I am one of the longest LLLTTTC'ers in here, this time last year I was convinced I would be pregnant, and it terrifies me to think that I could still be in this position in another years time, its just not fucking fair!!

I still believe that it will happen really soon for you hun xx

I sooooo hear you on the bored of ttc front :shock:

Less of the might be here next year though Vicky, that's really depressing :oooo:

I was supposed to be close to pregnancy with number 2 by now :roll:

I wish someone would diagnose why your cycles are screwy though Maybe... it's so annoying that no one has been able to figure it out when there are only so mnay things it could be!

I'm glad your doctor is willing to help you out though - can he refer you for the drugs on the Nhs?

Definitely have plenty of scans Maybe along the way or i'll be worrying :)

Hi Lou,

It will be private, scans will be expensive about £400 so I don't want to have too many!

xx

Eeeeek :shock:

Well, definitely one need to be when you are about to ovulate until they get your dosage right.

Maybe go and see your GP and tell him what the private doc is willing to do and see if he agrees and then can refer you for Nhs treatment?

Ive had 2 scans, and im being left to it untill end of Dec's cycle xxxx

Cheers Chaz!

Lou- I can't stand them at the other hospital they've been awful to me I'm never met such a set of nurses with no compassion at all, not to mention the fact I have no trust in them whatsoever, it does bug me that we've paid and will continue to pay for private treatment but at least I'm getting sorted now!

I'll be a happy bunny if I get preggers this month but I'm not feeling too lucky...

xx

Hi Maybe,

I had scans every other day from day 12 - 18 when I ovulated on first cycle of clomid. If they up my dosage when I eventually get put back on it then I'll be scanned again. I think they have to scan you in first cycle to check for overstimulation etc

Its a really frustrating process, and much like your hospital the nurses in mine are awful and seem to very much enjoy being negative and giving you bad news. Last time I was scanned during clomid cycle one the nurse said 'oo you have a lovely big follicle growing there, excellent' and then in the next breath said 'but we can't even be sure there'll be an egg in there'....as though I never ovulate, even though I ovulate on my own! Grr. I don't trust them either, with the list of mistakes they have made so far. I'm still praying for that big lottery win so we can go private too! Keep us posted with what happens xxxxxxx

It sucks doesn't it Sarah! We'll get there Hun, dont worry!

Xx

Here here i am soo bored on this ttc train too. I want to give up right now but i want it soo bad that i have to keep going. However i have set myself a goal till march & if no bfp by then, then we are going to start the adoption process for a young baby. I cant keep ttc because i am getting no younger & i might miss the boat with the adoption process i.e too old to adopt, no time or patience, if that makes sence so i have to act now while i am in my 30's i cant keep ttc for the rest of my life, talking of which today got my BFN on my 1st month of tamoxifen :(

I never had scans with clomid but they did make me ovulate. I am not having scans with the tamoxifen either but really everyone on fertility meds should have scans incase you produce to many follicles ohss which can make you very poorley. However touch wood i have been ok! on the 6 cycles of clomid with no monitering & this month been ok.

Maybe the holiday might do you good hun, a nice break! i would go even if i was pregnant! people still go abroad pregnant dont they, it could be good for you a nice chill out holiday while your on the meds, you could get caught while abroad cause your so relaxed, while your here at home you will be constant thinking about the whole ttc situation if that makes sence.

xx

Last edited:
Hey Maybe, I didnt get a scan on my first cycle of clomid just day 21 and day 28 bloods done but they showed no ovulation. Ive since had the dose increased from 50 mg to 100mg and Ive to go for a scan on day 12. Think each place is different. Im in Scotland to though so know the NHS can be a bit different up here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back