So angry

lisey

Reaction score
I had my erpc on wednesday. I didnt tell my boss what was wrong or whzt procedure I was having. She assumed a d&c for endometriosis issues, so I let her think what she wanted to as its easier that way. I told her they said they would sign me off for 2 weeks (which they did) but said I would be back following monday, so only 3 days off. I find out her and assistant manager have been discussing me, saying there is so way it would take 2 weeks (as if I am lying) and that when they had it done, they were walking the next day. You can walk next day with loads of operations, doesnt mean you can go to work and look after children etc. I am so annoyed, they shouldn't be talking about me and so openly thatother staff members heard and also they shouldn't assume they know what someone else is dealng with. I felt like crying, I knkw they dont know I lost a baby but any operation is a worry and hard on the body. I am so glad I only have this week until 6 weeks off x

Aha Hun that's sounds awful they shouldn't be making any assumptions when it comes to operations! Anything can happen no matter how routine and wether you can walk or not they can't know when you will be fit enough to be back at work only you and your gp or consultant can determine that if I was you I'd be making a complaint! And as for assuming she knew what you were having done that's very unprofessional and again just an assumption I would be hitting the roof! Xxx

Nasty ignorant people thats so unprofessional. If a doctor has signed you off that should be the end of it - unless they know better than a doctor which they obviously dont (but they think they do lol)

You dont need this stress :( hope you're ok xxx

Thanks ladies. I don't know what they are complaining about really as I went back today after just 3 days off. I am so sick of them all and their gossiping. We are such a small setting that the person I would complain to is my boss and shes involved so I can't. I hate the feeling of people speculating and basically calling me a liar. I can't wait for the time off x

4 days left hun!

Well done you for actually going in, stuff the bitchy work colleagues - only a few more days and you'll get a lovely long break from it all

xxxxxxxx

Thanks carnat, I am counting the days x

Ggrr women can be right bitches. At the end of the day none of their god damn business. That's why I went back to work the next day because I couldn't face people talking about me and speculating but doctor would have signed me off if I'd wanted. You should confront hem as bet they'd be mortified xxx

I would love to but don't want to land my friend in it, she's the one who told me x

Hi Lisey ,
Are you a teacher? What kind?
Is this the new job you talked about in a previous post or old one?
I think unfortunately in a work situation people will always talk when it comes to having anytime
Off they can't help themselves.
I remember it happened to me but me but more everyone discussing what gad happened and i didnt want everyone to know! That confidential!
mJust try to let it go over your head, hold it high and look forward to your break.

It's a very hard time at the minute Hun , glad you have those 6 wks xxxx

Its the same place as I decided I had too many appointments and the lap coming up to change jobs right now. I work in a playgroup but we do same time as schools. I know what you mean, its inevitable that they will wonder but I am just annoyed at their lack of keeping things confidential and that they think they know everything. I think my state of mind at the mo doesnt help. I will just muddle through this week and I am sure i will feel better once we go back x

ah that's awful hun, i'd be making it known I'd lost a baby and make them feel guilty for assuming. Well maybe I wouldn't, but I'd certainly want to!
Hope you are ok hun :hugs: xxx

Last edited:
Its the same place as I decided I had too many appointments and the lap coming up to change jobs right now. I work in a playgroup but we do same time as schools. I know what you mean, its inevitable that they will wonder but I am just annoyed at their lack of keeping things confidential and that they think they know everything. I think my state of mind at the mo doesnt help. I will just muddle through this week and I am sure i will feel better once we go back x

yeah i think it is a combination of those two things that make it worse.,
I remember i flipped, absolute went mad down the phone at my old line manager when she had discussed what had happened to me to another member of staff, she was trying to protect me as this girl had just declared her pregnancy. But I was fuming how dare she break confidentiality she had no right that was me to tell anyone not her.
No she shouldnt of done it but looking back i did totally go off the handle because of my stste of mind!!
You will feel better after the long break. xxx

Thanks for all your support everyone, I am ok now. Just two more days :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back