snacks?

Sage

Reaction score
what do you give your LO for snacks? Ky has one at about 10am and when he wakes from his nap at about 3. I usually just give him a biscuit or fruit but he always wolfs it down and looks at me as if to say is that it? :lol: I dont want to give in and give him too much just in case he wont eat his main meals.

What do you give your Lo's at snack time?

Hes so lazy with chewing and wont really entertain anything hard like meats unless its wafer ham/chicken or its covered in a sauce so he can just gulp it down. I tried bread sticks today with dip, he loved it...but didnt eat anything just had great fun painting his hair, face and high chair! :roll:

Any suggestions would be great :)

Sage said:
what do you give your LO for snacks? Ky has one at about 10am and when he wakes from his nap at about 3. I usually just give him a biscuit or fruit but he always wolfs it down and looks at me as if to say is that it? :lol: I dont want to give in and give him too much just in case he wont eat his main meals.

We have the same thing. She has breakfast at around 6-7am and when it gets to about 10-11am she is ready for lunch. If I give her a snack she gets cranky after about 10 minutes because she is hungry. Sometimes we have lunch at 10.30 or 11am :)

That kind of fills her up for the rest of the day and the she has just has small things until 5pm when she is ready to eat again properly.

SOmehow she can't really go more than 4 hours without a meal and also doesn't get full on things that take a lot to chew etc. She LOVES the organix snacks especially the bars.

newmum said:
[Omehow she can't really go more than 4 hours without a meal and also doesn't get full on things that take a lot to chew etc. She LOVES the organix snacks especially the bars.

I can't go 4 hours without a meal lol - I love my food.

My 2 permenantly snack - like their mum. I use cheese, boiled egg, chopped fresh fruit, raw carrots (Seren loves these but has to have 2, one for her and one for Jasper the bunny, in the summer they sit outside and eat it together), raisons occasionally, the organix biscuits and crisps occasionally, cheerio style cereal in a bowl with no milk, breadsticks, cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes.

i give Thomas anything really, if im eating something i just give him half of whatever it is say toast or a sandwich.
cherry toms, orangix ranges of biscuits and crisps i give a handfull of these, bit of fruits some grapes half a banana ect,
a little packet of raisens, a fairy cake if ive made them (not very often),
xx

crackers and cheese
cucumber sticks
carrot sticks
grapes
banana
biscuits
crisps
bread and butter
cereal bars
breadsticks