Weaning help!

soverign

Reaction score
I cant get LO to eat anything other than fruit. He gags on everything I give him and ends up puking everywhere. He is fine with fruit and wolfs it down. I have tried tricking him by feeding the fruit and swapping over to the veg but he doesnt fall for it!

Alot of jarred food have fruit in i think. So maybe give him the fruit and add a teeny bit of veg, and gradually increase it? Other than that i don't really know.

have you tried sweet potato? Evie wouldn't have veggies at first but wolfed down sweet potato.

Thanks ladies! I have tried sweet potato and he refuses it. I have tried the savoury risotto jar with the apricot added but he wont eat that either. I have tried steemed veg for him to feed himself but he would much rather squeeze it to bits than put it in his mouth. It barely gets to his mouth at all. I havent tried mixing the jars of fruit and veg so I will give that ago! :D

I know it sounds strange, but try mixing fruit and veg together, for example carrot and orange. Then gradually reduce the fruit. The Ella's Kitchen sachets are mixed fruit and veg, that's where I got the idea of mixing them from :lol:

Thankyou! I am going to try that. It does sound awful but babies dont know any different do they!!! I dont know what to mix... suppose it doesnt matter really! I will report back on my progress!!

I was going to suggest mixing fruit and veg too.

Pear and broccoli apparently goes :lol:

Try the finger foods again, it takes them a while to get used to holding and eating.

Maybe try some rice cakes dipped in yoghurt, Finlay loves these!

What is the consistency like for the fruit he does eat? Maybe make the veg eactly the same, possibly watering it down with some milk if need be. I find the fruit is runnier than the veg.

Wow thankyou for all your help and suggestions! I managed to get him to eat the chicken risotto jar mixed with apple and pear :cheer: !! He loved it! Shall I continue doing this at meal times or am I supposed to be gradually reducing the fruit to nothing? He doesn't get the idea of finger food at all! I have tried lots of different things but they never make it to his mouth. I have shown him over and over but it still ends up on the floor or squished to nothing in his hand!!!

I'd gradually reduce the fruit. That way you can end up giving him a main and a dessert. He'll be able to define the difference in the end.

Keep trying with the finger foods too - Finlay is still getting there with them.

Glad you got somewhere! I would slowly reduce the fruit too and eventually you should be able to do a dinner and pudding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back