Small bump

Ginty

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)

Had my 28w midwife appointment today and when she were measured my bump she said it was below average size at 21 cm. I'm now going for a scan on Monday to check all is ok with baby, just wondered if anyone else had experience with this?

Unhelpfully I haven't (bump looks small but actually measures 'ok'. So far) But, the fundal height is very inaccurate and just gives them a vague idea. So everything is probably fine hun. Plus it's all based on an average and babies vary massively, even in the womb. Try not to worry and think of it as a bonus scan and a chance to see baby again. Fx for you hun xx

I was the opposite. I was 30cm at 28 weeks and measuring far too big! I ended up having a growth scan and even though baby measure a little big on the scan, it was nowhere near as large as my measurement suggested. They are really inaccurate.

Im also the opposite hun measuring 2/3weeks ahead since 25wks.
Ive been for 2 scans that have confirmed hes 2/3weeks ahead. Despite being overdue they are not bothered about it weight or measurements being larger than average!

I wouldnt worry cos like others have said bump measurements are soo inaccurate! Ull never get 2 MWs that measure the same! Some measure to low and some nowhere near ur pubic bone! So all being well ur scan will show a healthy size baby xxx

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty sure it will all be ok, trying not to worry about it anyway :) and like you said umbongo I get to see my baby again! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back