small baby

2010stacey87

Reaction score
i had a mw appt last week, midwife measured my bump and said it seemed smaller than last time (a different midwife measured last time) but the baby cant shrink surely! said she was concerned but cos I had transferred from one area to another she couldnt book me in for a re-scan cos i wasnt on the books...

anyway on saturday i got an appt letter for yday to go to outpatients clinic in my new area, didnt say what it was about just said who it was with and to take urine sample i was confused!

anyway i had a re-scan and the consultant checked me over, she said baby was little smaller than average but because im only small myself (5'1) baby would be small and aslong as grows to scale all should be fine... panic station over!!

anybody else been told theyre having a small baby? xx

i was told i was having a small baby with my first and i never x

I haven't had this problem so I can't help. I know Midnight is good on this topic. xx

I was told my LO would be small had a scan at 36 weeks they said she would be just over 5lb i gave birth at 40+ 4 to a 8lb 1oz baby!! how shocked was i lol there quite often wrong Hun Xx

I was told charley was gonna be small but he was 8lb 6oz and 8 days early!! Def not small. Try not to panic Hun, they do get it wrong x x

My bump got smaller the further along I got from about 36 weeks :) I had him on a Saturday and the Monday before I was sent for an emergency scan as I was measuring very small-he was 8lb born!!!! I was literally all baby and actually he'd never been in the foetal position (curled up) as there just wasn't room in my bump! Lol x try not to worry sweetie x

Ignore any typos-my iPhone loves to autocorrect :)

hiya hun my babies have all been smaller than average size but then average size seems huge they said on my dd she would be tiny but came out 7lb 10oz. what are your scan measurement?? i measure smaller externally its just because my babies take up inside rather than out like today im 36 weeks but measuring 33 dont worry your baby will be the right size for you are they giving you a follow up scan at 34 weeks?

I got told my 1st was going to be big and they worried with me being only 5" 1 and size 3 feet that i would struggle giving birth well birth was a doddle and he only weighed 5lb 12 then they have worried about size with all my other babies and they were 6lb 8, 4lb 6 but he was born at 33 weeks I had a scan 2 days before he was born and they guessed his weight at 3lb so alot out, 6lb 15, 6lb 13 then my last one they worried alot about size and i actually lost alot weight i am now a stone lighter than i was when i found out i was pregnant and baby only 2 weeks old tomorrow well he was 8lb 13 so a big baby for me, so i wouldn;t worry so much about it.

Last edited:
hiya hun my babies have all been smaller than average size but then average size seems huge they said on my dd she would be tiny but came out 7lb 10oz. what are your scan measurement?? i measure smaller externally its just because my babies take up inside rather than out like today im 36 weeks but measuring 33 dont worry your baby will be the right size for you are they giving you a follow up scan at 34 weeks?

he's measuring 25/26 and i'm 31 weeks tomorrow? the consultant said aslong as he carries on growing to scale there is no problem... they havent said anything about another scan at 34 weeks, just got to go to antenatal in couple of weeks for check up again xxx

I'm sure he's ok, it's not an exact science, and everyone is different - so here's hoping all is fine :)

hi there just saw this and had to reply, i got told at 30weeks that lo was small, and infact a few weeks later hadnt grown much. i was kept under a close eye and lo was delivered 18days early and was 5lbs 2oz. im only petite and 5foot3 so wasnt expecting a bit baby at all, infact you can barely tell i was pregnant!!! at 6months my lo was almost 18lbs!!

hi there just saw this and had to reply, i got told at 30weeks that lo was small, and infact a few weeks later hadnt grown much. i was kept under a close eye and lo was delivered 18days early and was 5lbs 2oz. im only petite and 5foot3 so wasnt expecting a bit baby at all, infact you can barely tell i was pregnant!!! at 6months my lo was almost 18lbs!!

makes me feel better, others have been told the same, im not expecting a big baby either im only 5'1 and was size 6... my bump isnt huge although u can tell he is there now :) he's gorgeous Amy! xxx

he's measuring 25/26 and i'm 31 weeks tomorrow? the consultant said aslong as he carries on growing to scale there is no problem... they havent said anything about another scan at 34 weeks, just got to go to antenatal in couple of weeks for check up again xxx

is that the measurements of your scan saying he is 25/26 weeks or your fundal height if they was worried they would have you down for growth scans

makes me feel better, others have been told the same, im not expecting a big baby either im only 5'1 and was size 6... my bump isnt huge although u can tell he is there now :) he's gorgeous Amy! xxx

my bump was so tiny, i was wearing my pre pregnancy clothes for the whole 9months, only thing that got bigger was boobs!! i really wanted to have a big bump too!!! im sure all will be fine! goodluck with everything! and thankyouuu

My friend has an abnormal shaped uterus and both of her babies were born small but full term.

I'm trying to remember but both were about 6lb when born and they didn't need any special care and the eldest child is perfectly proportionate as far as i can tell. She isn't still small for her age group anyway :)

I think the risk is in premature and not them being small.

Last edited:

is that the measurements of your scan saying he is 25/26 weeks or your fundal height if they was worried they would have you down for growth scans

thats my fundal height measurement i think... its all so confusing... aslong as he keeps growing im not worried :) xxx

in your notes there should be a section that has all scan measurement written down dont worry too much about fundal height i never measure near my dates

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back