Sling questions!

Urchin

Reaction score
I want to buy my friend a sling, she isn't due until October, but I want it to give it for her baby shower.

She is a baby wearing novice, so I was going to get her a pouch sling, I'm worried about getting the wring size though, as they have to be right!
I have only used a mai tai and a pouch, but I'm wondering if I should get her a ring sling?
What about one of those padded baba sling types? Are they adjustable? Are they any GOOD?

Are they easy to use? Is the positioning just like a pouch sling only they adjust?
Her OH is much bigger than her (weight wise ;)) will he be able to wear the same one if I get a ring sling?

Any suggestions & advice appreciated!

She is mad on blue stripes at the moment so I was looking for a blue stripey one :lol:

Here's a blue stripey ring sling!

http://www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart ... p-263.html

I've got one of these in Rainbow and I haven't used it much as Louis is quite a small baby... he's still happy to be in the Hotslings pouch (very good but you have to know the size you need and it's not adaptable). I'm saving the Maya for when he is a bit bigger. The Maya ring sling can be used by anyone... according to the size (S, M or L) you will have a more or less long fabric tail... Medium is a safe choice if it's going to be worn by two persons of very different height :D

oh thats a nice one... 40 quid though... ouch, I have already spent a fortune on other gifts ready for the baby shower LOL

Im not really clued up on slings... but couldnt you maybe try on making one outta a big sheet of fabric??

Thats one of my biggest regrets.. not slinging Fynn! :(

Freedom slings are great for first time users..

They are adjustable and you can get them in different colours.. they are easy to use, easy to put on... and they are adjustable... The lady that makes them has an ebay shop.. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Freedom-Slings

She does all sorts of sling types, including pouches and they are slightly cheaper for the most part than 40quid...

I got a thrifty sling to start with as I wasn't sure how I'd get on with it and I didn't want to waste lots of money on something that would never get used.. But it was really really worth the money.. :) and really sparked my addiction into baby wearing....:) The thrifty is unpadded and is fine.. I still use mine for short distances, but once lil miss got to around 6 months, I found it more difficult to wear... But then I changed to mei tais and wraps... :) But for 6 months it got hammered... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just bought one from her squig, thanks for the link!

I really hate padded closed tailed ringslings. They just arent as adjustable as they should be and that annoys me!
Id always go with a opentailed non padded RS for a gift, something like a Bara barn sling is perfect because its light and breathable but so sturdy and easy to adjust! I still love my BB sling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back