Slim fast.

ERIN84

Reaction score
I'm desperate to lose some weight! Anyone done slim fast?

Effective, rubbish, hard, easy??

I have and I liked the chocolate milkshake but didn't lose any weight :(
I've heard that weight watchers is the best and their ready meals are yum xx

Hey :wave:

Im on it at the mo, lost a stone in a month & feel fab

I stick to a shake in the morning, have a healthy lunch & a shake for dinner. You get the option to have either 2 or 3 snacks throughout the day but I don't have them, also have 2-3 litres of water a day

With my lunches I've made lil changes as well so instead of cheddar cheese I have feta, instead of normal bread or pasta I have gluten & wheat free things

Advice I would give is still allow yourself treats & don't be hard on yourself if you have an off day as there is always tomorrow to get back on track

If you can, weigh yourself at the start & then only weigh in again once a week or if you can once a month, like I did. I found it a fab feeling after a month seeing the weight loss whereas I knew if I did weekly I wouldn't feel so good, physiological I suppose & a personal choice

I hops that's helped a lil, let me know if you need any other info

xxxxx

As cosmic says, it didn't work for her & same happened for a friend of mine so think it's just trial & error as some things work for some & not for others

xxxx

Well done Kez, where did I go wrong???? Never mind eh xxxx

I was doing it before i fell pregnant and in the first week I did lose 4lbs. It wasnt too difficult to do, I bought the ready made shakes and meal bars so it was easy and convenient. You can have 3 healthy snacks a day too. The website is very good for ideas and you can sign up and do a planner thing.

I know a few people who have followed Slimming World and had good results.

My sister has recently done Lipotrim and lost 2 stone in 3 weeks. She looks fab but it was hard work she said. She also excersied though xx

Awwwww thanks cosmic :flower:

Tis a weird one cos my friend tried slimfast & made her physically sick but did weight watchers & that worked for her & the OH's mum tried slimfast to, didn't work but then did the lighter life version of it & bobs your uncle, that worked

Xxx

I think it's a very trial and error thing to be honest. I did it a few years back. I lost a stone in 2 weeks and it was fab. I'm thinking that was more the water loss than anything else. After then, i literally went back down to losing 1-2 pounds a week. (which is a normal calories controlled diet loss anyway) so I gave it up. As soon as I gave it up, the weight piled back on :-( I find it very expensive for a "quick fix"

On the otherhand, if you want the weight to come off and stay off then I would suggest a simple calorie controlled diet would be better. We as women (according to dietician) are allowed 1800 calories per day. She told me that if you cut this down to 1200, make sure you don't go over that, drink your 8 glasses of water a day etc and "try and do some excercise" you should see a 1-3lb weight loss each week. Works for me!

I don't know if you've heard of myfitnesspal.com at all? But it works pretty much the same as Slimming World (so I am told) where you can keep a track of what you each and work out all the calories/fat intake etc. It allows you to input all the excercise you do etc including carrying babies around and walking up and down those stairs countless times a day etc (things we all forget as excercise) those calories lost are then added to your daily allowed allowance so your 1200 calories may actually add up to 1600 calories etc for that day. The joy of this site is that it is FREE. There is a huge community on there too, plenty of forum subjects on how to lose weight etc.

As you can probably tell, I am on there and at the moment in the last 4 weeks, I have lost 7lb. I will be doing my next weigh in tomorrow so will see how much more I have lost in the last week.

Don't know if that helps at all? xx

Thanks everyone. I have been doing weight watchers, which I used to find very effective.

Now I suffer from PCOS the weight will just not budge! I'm feeling really down about it and can't seem
To lose it at all :-(

Hey Erin :wave:

How's everything hun? Just wondering if you'd decided on the slimfast

xxx

Hi kezza. I'm starting on monday. I wanted to do lipotrim but I've got 4 weddings in the space if 5 weeks coming up so slim fast is loads more flexible! I've bought some ready made shakes today which I'm going to have tomorrow to make sure I like them, but I'm starting seriously on Monday! What kind of milk do you use for the shakes? I really really hate milk do I'm hoping I can cope with them!? Xx

I dispise milk but I quite liked the strawberry ones the best. I think it was Samsmum that said if you put soya milk with them it tastes creamier. I just used semi skimmed milk though. I used the powder as it works out cheaper and theyre usually on offer somewhere :)

Hey Erin

Yup that's the wonderful thing about slimfast, can fit it round our life :)

Have a try with alpro soya milk, I find it makes them creamy & a lil thicker

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back