Sleeps all night awake all day...not a problem huh

Miracle babe

Reaction score
No this doesn't sound like a problem does it but trust me Rowan wakes at 6.55am has a 20 min nap at 9am and thats it for the day. Fine if he could cope but he's sooooooooo tired and miserable that every day is becoming harder and harder. I have a fantasic bath bottle bed routine going on at night and he sleeps well and he's on healthy solids, just fruit and veg but the days are getting tough and I cant get anything done. How the hell do I get him to take more and longer naps in the day. Any advice would be soooooooooooooo welcome.

hi hun hannah will only sleep in her buggy in the living room,not the buggy i take her out in just a buggy a keep in the house, maybe try moving where he sleeps

I tried putting him to sleep on my daughters bed today with her cuddly jumper as he loves her so much but he still only managed 20 mins :(

i am having exactly the same problem with Louie at the moment.
he will only go to sleep in the car, pram while walking or while feeding.
its a nightmare :wall:
in the daytime i can't get any thing done really, only on the odd occasion he lets me nip aroung doing a few bits!

i can't really suggest anything coz i'm in the same boat! just wanted to let you know you're not alone hunny :hug:

have you tried taking Rowan out for a daytime walk in the pram & then bringing him inside still in the pram & leaving him somewhere quiet & not too hot & see if he will continue sleeping for a bit? i do this with Louie & he sleeps for a bit till the other rugrats wake him up :roll:
good luck hun & i sympathise, i know its bloody hard work when they won't sleep!!!!

ah hunny, alfie was the same he wasnt sleeping in the day but such hard work and miserable, and it was taking ages to get him to nap in his buggy so the other day i decided to try him in his cot as he had more space to stretch, he cried and cried and cried because he wasnt being pushed but i persevered and he went off, now he naps between 30mins to an hour 3 times a day and is sleeping longer at night, half 5 till any time between 4/5 then back down till after 8, and its worked great now every time i put him in his cot, no rocking required he just falls asleep straight away, hes awake at the moment but i diont think thats anything to do with it hes been unwell and keeps coughing so hes just lay stairing at the ceiling bless him. Hope your boys are napping better soon, makes such a happier little man it like a new baby :hug:

If it's any consolation Brody was terrible at this age too and now he has a 2 hour nap every day :D

I guess it's all down to routine, Brody is funny....he'll wake around 8am, and need a 2 hour nap around 11am, then he's fine for the rest of the day. He goes down holding a bottle in his cot and this helps give him the message to sleep. I do think though if you let them get too tired though you'll struggle....maybe try different nap times? I put Brody down as soon as he gets moany, then he's awake ready for lunch time.

Miracle babe said:
No this doesn't sound like a problem does it but trust me Rowan wakes at 6.55am has a 20 min nap at 9am and thats it for the day. Fine if he could cope but he's sooooooooo tired and miserable that every day is becoming harder and harder. I have a fantasic bath bottle bed routine going on at night and he sleeps well and he's on healthy solids, just fruit and veg but the days are getting tough and I cant get anything done. How the hell do I get him to take more and longer naps in the day. Any advice would be soooooooooooooo welcome.

sounds like my eldest miracle. :roll:

I spent 3 days devoted to getting leorah to nap in the day because she was getting so cranky and overtired. I got loads of advice by looking at the baby whisperer forum but don't follow her nap routine. Apparantley abies ort out their night time sleep first and the between 4/5 months establish their daytime naps but they need some help getting there :wink:

With Leorah I consistantly waited for her to get whingey (yawning, moany, rubbing her eyes) and then would put her in her snowsuit and into her pushchair which is in our unheated conservatory so its like being outside without the wind or rain. By day 3 she would actually fall asleep when I was putting her snowsuit on! She now knows when she is tired and sometimes when her snowsuit appears you can see relief on her little face!

Over here in Denmark its very normal for babies to be wrapped up and put outside to nap. It was very starange for me at first and I still compromise by putting her in the conservatory but have to admit when she sleeps outside when I am at mothergroup she sleeps very soundly. Could you try this? The advantage is I can take Leorah anywhere now and she'll nap in her pushchair (I don't rock it).

The advice I read was to be consistant and it sounds like rowan responds to that as he loves his bedtime routine so maybe you could try a naptime routine so he knows what's coming up. Leorah never slept in the day so I was shocked how quickly she adapted and became so much happier. We do go through phases of her napping gpoing awry whne she's ill/teething but it hasnever got as bad as it used to be and I just spend a day reestablishing (I am doing that today!)

I would definitely recommend you look at the sleep section on the baby whisperer site. Good luck :hug:

Sorry me again! The 20 minute nap is meant to be a sign of overtiredness, perhaps you could try putting him down for that nap a little earlier and he may sleep for longer. If he does he will more than likely take a later nap too. The better Leorah's first nap of the day the better the rest of her naps :wink:

I have this problem too :shakehead:

Zac rarely naps in the day unless he is in his car seat or is out in the pram! Sometimes he gets so tired he falls asleep on me but then I try to put him in his moses basket and he wakes again. I have tried putting him down after his two o clock feed but if he drifts off he only sleeps for about 10 mins or so!

Like foxymum says I can barely get anything done. I shouldnt moan really cos he sleeps from about 8 at night then is fed at 11 and then sleeps till 5/6 ish but it would be nice for me and for him im sure if he could nap for even only an hour in the day!

Jaidy said:
I have this problem too :shakehead:

Zac rarely naps in the day unless he is in his car seat or is out in the pram! Sometimes he gets so tired he falls asleep on me but then I try to put him in his moses basket and he wakes again. I have tried putting him down after his two o clock feed but if he drifts off he only sleeps for about 10 mins or so!

Like foxymum says I can barely get anything done. I shouldnt moan really cos he sleeps from about 8 at night then is fed at 11 and then sleeps till 5/6 ish but it would be nice for me and for him im sure if he could nap for even only an hour in the day!

Ruby and Zac could be twins!!! Shes exactly the same!!! I have been walking loads this week with pram-I should be a size 8 soon!! :rotfl: Its not practical all the time though, I need to be at home and get stuff done but its easier to put her in pram and get out!!!

Will check out baby whisperer site...Ruby is in such a good night time routine its defo worth a shot at a day one too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back