Awake ALL day.

Hazel

Reaction score
I'm not moaning as I like this routine she's in but Connie is awake all day from 7am for her first bottle until 7pm then she is out like a light all night. She might have a little nap for 5-10 minutes during the day but she spends most of the time awake with her eyes open and I feel really mean just leaving her lying in the cot for periods of time but I do need to get a bath, tidy house and do washing etc. I thought that babies slept on and off but she's doing 12 hours asleep and waking for a bottle at 1am and 4am then going straight back to sleep again. If I pick her during the day she just falls asleep on me but stays awake when she's in the cot. She just lies there looking bored :( .

My DD is awake all day and will only nap in the car or in the pram if we are out. The problem we have is she will need entertaining all day and cries if i leave her to play on her own. I can't even go for a wee :roll:

But then she is quite a bit older than your lo. She did sleep alot when newborn.

I'd make the most of it and get on and have your bath and do stuff and not feel guilty about it. Its not like you are leaving her for hours in there without attention. Soon enough she'll be wanting input from you and you won't get much chance to do all those things.

Galen was the same from about 10 days old. Would power nap sometimes in the day but was pretty much awake all of it. He was quite content from a few weeks old to be left in his basket for half an hour or so with the mobile playing. He had plenty of cuddles in between but as he was awake so much I had to get on and do things.

May be being so young still she is unsettled when away from you so won't go off to sleep during the day. Seems most small babies prefer to sleep on you or in your arms than in their basket. They just the like closeness :)

get a sling

i've got a corrie pouch..http://www.brightsparkslings.co.uk/slings.htm#coorie i stick her in there and she drops off pretty quickly...or at least stops crying. I just chat away to her about what i am doing...however mundane.

I also pop her in the bouncer and put her in the doorway of the bathroom when i'm having a bath, as long as i keep chatting to her shes fine....otherwise shes a miserable bugger

I'm going to get her a mobile today for her downstairs cot. I've got a sling so will try that, we haven't used it yet so will give it a test drive today.

why not get her a bouncy chair or something - we have one for LO when he is awake that vibrates and he just stares at the toys on the bar and i feel happy about leaving him strapped into it while i go and tidy the kitchen or something. he is awake but he is getting stimulated by the bright colours.

Sounds like my life for the past 5 months :lol: . Becky has been like this from about a week old - think she slept off the effects of being born and then was geared up to get on with life! Definitely agree - slings and chairs are the way to go. Make the most of it while she's this portable! Some babies are just wakeful (they don't tell you that in books or parenting classes :lol: ) so Becky tends to go wherever I am and watch me or if I'm going for a shower she is happy enough amusing herself in her playpen for a short while though she dislikes lying down now.

It's fantastic she's already into a pattern like that at night :) If she's happy when she's awake and lying down I wouldn't worry.

You're so lucky Hazel :( Evie is awake at night and asleep during the day lol :lol: My daughter is friggin' nocturnal!! :wall:

xx

Im sure if she was bored she would be unsettled. That wee brain must be taking in every inch around her. She must be super content. Well done :D

I wouldn't worry unless she's crying a lot...my lo was like that and was actually tired....she's just hard to get to sleep and fights it. :D Even now she doesn't sleep much...just a cat napper and I'm learning to work with it.
If your Lo is contented she maybe doesn't need the sleep yet. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back