Awake all evenin

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just need some advice, Amber is 7 weeks old today and we are having trouble getting her into some kind of routine and finding that she is awake all evening untill her late bottle and if we are lucky she will go sleep!

We do not get any time for us and have hardly eaten a meal together without one eating it really quickly whilst the other one holds her! She just craves our attention and hates being put down.

During the day she is fine and sleeps on and off which gives me chance to do a few things.

Sleeping at night is getting better she is going 4/5 hours in between feeds.

Any advice, i did put her in her cot at 9 last night because sghe was falling asleep but she cried the house down and i did persevere and left her for ten minutes but no joy!

Cheers all, x

Hi chick, sorry we got cut off on msn last night..!

Ryan's bedtime is 7pm... if he sleeps around 6ish we take him upstairs. If he stays awake much past 7 or 8 ish we'll walk him round upstairs to get him to sleep.

Could it be she has a touch of colic? That'll make her unhappy in the evenings...

Or, if she's fine with you, try lying her on your bed and you lying next to her and gently rock her, and see if that works? Then you can move her once she's gone down... it's cheating cos she's sleeping cos she thinks you're there hugging her but then you go!! That's what I did with Ryan when he just wanted hugs... took him upstairs, lay next to him and pretended to sleep while gently rocking us both, and he just drifted off and then I moved him to the moses basket and he stayed down.

Try a bigger feed in the evenings to make her stomach more full and her more likely to sleep...

A dummy and then rocking her to sleep?

I would suggest swaddling her and rocking her but it doesn't work for every baby...

Hope you get it sorted.. I'm no expert, so hope someone else replies for you :) x

Awww hun, dont worry, it will get better :hug: :hug: :hug:
She is very young, so it is still a very tiring procedure, but you need to start putting a routine together for her so that you have some rest too. I suggest that you give her a bath and then maybe a massage with baby lotion, put on pijamas and grobag if you use one at a specific time - i do it about 8.30 pm but it will depend on your routine . We eat a late dinner so it suits us. Once she is ready for bed, bottle/bf cuddle a little while drowsing off and then put into cot. If necessary stroke her tum for a few minutes to get her off. The bath shouldnt be rushed and with a bit of luck it will relax her. That way you should get a couple of hours before her next feed- time for a real meal with OH. good luck and hope this helps :hug:
Lisa

I totally agree with the bedtime routine. It worked for Isaac. I think it helps them realise that its bedtime and not just another sleep between feeds. I also found having a good morning routine helped too. I used to get Isaac up changed and washed and dressed before he came downstairs for his first morning feed. I know its hard when you feel so tired but I think long term it really pays off.

Lou :D

Thanks all...am going to start a routine in evening.

Another question - how often do you put baby in bath i read somewhere you should do it two times a week because of their skin???

Best wishes amzhunny, some great advice there :hug: :hug: :hug:
In winter months it is suggested only a few baths a week, as with central heating and the windy, cold weather, LO's skin will dry out sooner and essential oils will be washed away if too many baths, but obviously speak to your HV about it if you're not sure :hug:

Thanks all...am going to start a routine in evening.

Another question - how often do you put baby in bath i read somewhere you should do it two times a week because of their skin???

Best wishes amzhunny, some great advice there :hug: :hug: :hug:
In winter months it is suggested only a few baths a week, as with central heating and the windy, cold weather, LO's skin will dry out sooner and essential oils will be washed away if too many baths, but obviously speak to your HV about it if you're not sure :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back