advice needed re: 9month old sleeping through

littleem

Reaction score
Right i need some help please, bethany has always been very good sleeping from 7pm - 7am from around 10 weeks old, this last few weeks though she has started waking up around 3am-4am and i dont know why, she will whimper in her cot until it turns in to a scream, and she wont settle again until we end up puttin her in our bed. Last night she also decided that she didnt want to sleep at 7pm and took us til 10pm to settle her and she woke at 4am not sure why??#

Any ideas and advice, need to get her back sleeping through before i start work in a couple of weeks

Thanks

Hi Littleem,

Do you mind detailing how your day works on average. What time LO gets up and how mealtimes work - how much she eats and how much milk she has at what times of the day. Also day time naps - about how much sleep does she have during the day and when. I know every day is different but some sort of average day would be helpful. I have had to tweak a few things recently to fix my sons night and morning waking. But he's back to sleeping through (few)

Becs x x

Hi
Well Bethany normally wakes up between 7am and 8am,
she has breakfast about 8.30am, normally weetabix or readybrek made with a 7oz bottle
12pm - she has lunch (food that we have cooked veg,pasta, chicken etc with half a yoghurt)
3pm - 7oz bottle
5pm - food similar to lunch pasta, veg, etc with half a yoghurt)
7pm - 7oz bottle

As for sleeps they vary each day she generally has a nap around 9.30 for half hour or so then a nap about 3.30 for a hour but some days these are less or longer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi,

She's feeding and sleeping beautifully you are doing a fab job. I find that if Austin naps in the afternoon after 3pm he doesn't sleep through or won't settle at 7pm. You could encourage her afternoon nap to be earlier closer to a lunctime nap such as 1pm to 2pm (Austin has 12.30 - 14.30). If she is not interested in sleeping at this time you can encourage it by consistently going for a long walk or drive at this time until she has got the gist and falls into that routine.

The other thing I would look at is just trying to up her solids. Sounds as though she is eating great so far so perhaps increase her meal sizes and make sure she has carbs in the evening to get her through - potatoe and leek soup that sort of thing and protein at lunch. It's brilliant that you are home cooking as shop bought is not as filling. To help her take a larger evening meal you could move her lunch forward to 11.30/11.45 then not offer her tea until 5/5:15pm. I know that isn't far off what you are doing but it may help. Also perhaps her milk in the afternoon could be reduced by half, or even less and if you are worried about the milk intake don't forget that 30g of cheese is equal to 7ozs and you can cook with full fat milk and count it as milk intake. Try not to give her milk after 3.15pm or it will put her off taking a big tea. Then offer her some juice or cool boiled water at about /4.30pm to stave off hunger and tO Keep her well hydrated.

Hope that's of some use. Please let me know what you think and how you get on.

Well done though, you are doing a great job. Just fingers crossed you can start getting a bit more sleep soon!

B x x

Becs said:
Hi,

She's feeding and sleeping beautifully you are doing a fab job. I find that if Austin naps in the afternoon after 3pm he doesn't sleep through or won't settle at 7pm. You could encourage her afternoon nap to be earlier closer to a lunctime nap such as 1pm to 2pm (Austin has 12.30 - 14.30). If she is not interested in sleeping at this time you can encourage it by consistently going for a long walk or drive at this time until she has got the gist and falls into that routine.

The other thing I would look at is just trying to up her solids. Sounds as though she is eating great so far so perhaps increase her meal sizes and make sure she has carbs in the evening to get her through - potatoe and leek soup that sort of thing and protein at lunch. It's brilliant that you are home cooking as shop bought is not as filling. To help her take a larger evening meal you could move her lunch forward to 11.30/11.45 then not offer her tea until 5/5:15pm. I know that isn't far off what you are doing but it may help. Also perhaps her milk in the afternoon could be reduced by half, or even less and if you are worried about the milk intake don't forget that 30g of cheese is equal to 7ozs and you can cook with full fat milk and count it as milk intake. Try not to give her milk after 3.15pm or it will put her off taking a big tea. Then offer her some juice or cool boiled water at about /4.30pm to stave off hunger and tO Keep her well hydrated.

Hope that's of some use. Please let me know what you think and how you get on.

Well done though, you are doing a great job. Just fingers crossed you can start getting a bit more sleep soon!

B x x
That sounds some great advice Becs, I'm going to try that too! :hug: :hug:

yes thank you so much for the advice i am going to try it, bethany slept a little bettwer last night from 7pm-5am so hopefully your routine will work.

Good luck girls, let us know how things go x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back