Sleeping on her side!

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Is it ok for baby's to sleep on their side or tummy?

For the last few nights Phoebe keeps flipping on to her side, even though she's in a grow bag and I've tried rolling up a blanket and putting it to the side of her (on the side she can roll).

But it worries me so much! Last night I went up and figured she was in a deep enough sleep for me to gently move her back on to her back but it woke her up :wall: I was then up for a further 2 hours trying to get her back to sleep!!! After about 6 times of me putting her back down in her cot on her back and her waking up, I put her down on her side and put the rolled up blanket infront of her to try and prevent her from lying on her tummy and for the first time ever she self settled :shock:

Do you think it's ok to carry on letting her sleep on her side? I'm sure they work themselves into all sorts of positions as they get older but it just makes me really nervous :(

my hv said when they can turn on their own let them be - so id go wth yes :) xxx

My LO used to do exactly the same - I spent many a night lying next to him flipping him over every time he turned! But my HV said the same thing, as long as they are able to turn back on their own leave them be.
I know it's worrying but realistically you can't lie awake all night waiting for her to turn - especially if you run the risk of waking her up!
Try not to worry ad get some sleep :)

I put Tilly to sleep on her side, she prefers it to her back.

I always think they would tell you if they had got into a position and were in trouble. When I used to do tummy time when she was little if her face planted into the may she would scream.

Harrison now sleeps on his side and since he has he has been sleeping thru so im not worried, it must just be more comfortable!!
xxx

Becciboo is right hun if she can roll its ok. Having said I know how you feel angel is doing this more and more and although she just rolls around all day and has no trouble with it it still worries me too loo x

Stanley has slept on his tummy since a few days old :D so did Alfie ;) x

max sleeps on his side alot and hes fine :) i dont move him xxxxx

I was also told that if they can roll themselves onto their side or even onto their tummy then that's ok.

Thanks girls. I'm going to have to leave her be then. She slept on her side again last night and self settled and then slept until 8.30 :shock: so she must be more comfortable x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back