keeps rolling over onto side and sleeping ????

Fiona

Reaction score
Grace has decided over the last couple of days that she likes sleeping on her side. Doesn't matter how many times I put her back on her back, she turns over to her side again and falls asleep ??

I am a bit worried about it as I know that babies are meant to sleep on their backs to reduce the risk of 'SIDS' but not sure what I can do about it apart from sitting up all night and turning her on her back everytime she turns to her side..

anyone got any better ideas ????????

Hi

Roll a towel up and place behind her then a smaller one and place in front between under belly and below armpit,this will prevent rolling.

My baby is 4 weeks and I place her on her side but then she is very windy so I have to. All this on your back malarky is awful as babies when having wind this mcut be so uncomfy especially after a feed,I woudl hate to lay on my back.

As long as she has plenty of room (air-space) round her face and head area then this is fine but it is down to you being comfy with it.

Have you tried a hand towel placed at top of moses under mattress to raise her head a little? Also if she can roll herself then I wouldnt be worrying too much bless her.

Sorry if not much help got baby on lap cant type very well

ive alwasy let mine sleep on their sides a pose to their backs! they sleep better.
im sure sleeping on their sides is ok. its on their tummys that it becoems dangerous.

Nathan prefers to sleep on his side too. Its how he gets himself off to sleep. I just leave him, it must just be comfier.

Fin is used to side sleeping due to breastfeeding him lying down. He feels safer and I don't think you can do much about it.

Olivia used to sleep on her side too mainly when she was half asleep feeding :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back