Tummy time Q

daftscotslass

Reaction score
So we've persevered with this even though she hates it and now she tolerates and will play on her tummy without complaining. However... I can't get her to stay on her tummy for love nor money! She will stay if she's rolled onto her tummy herself but if I put her down she lasts about 30 seconds (if that) and then rolls back over onto her side or back. All the distractions in the world - toys, things that make noise, me on my tummy in front of her - nothing will make her stop rolling right back again. The HV didn't believe me today so she put her down on her tum shaking toys in front of her and lo and behold Becky was on her back in seconds.

Oh well! Should I just stick with what we're doing in that we're trying and keep distracting her? She's quite close to being able to sit so I dunno :think: It seems she quite enjoys that as between her rolling and me putting her back again she ends up at the other side of the living room :lol:

hi i don't have any suggestions as adam is just the same, will be watching this with interest!!

I've never heard of tummy time lol I just used to put the quilt from my bed on the floor surrounded by the cushions off the settee with toys at every corner and then let Isaac go where he wished. Is tummy time to strengthen their neck muscles or something? You'll have to pardon me, Isaac is almost 3 so I expect theres a few new things I'm not accustomed to already :)

Hmm. Sprog's nearly 5 months and we've still never cracked tummy time for more than a couple of minutes. His head's good and strong when he's sitting and standing on me (with help, obviously!) but on his tummy he'll raise it, and then do the "hmphhmphhelphffffffffffsuffocating" routine until he cries, and I give in and flip him over.

I'm thinking that uprightedness will work the neck muscles anyway, but I'll be watching this thread too!

I've been putting Connie on her tummy since she was born and she does her press ups for a minute then falls asleep.

i was advised to give caden tummy time by a paediatrician as his neck muscles were weak.basically he had to be encouraged to spend 15minutes 3 times a day on his tummy.i had to get him to raise his head and lower it by gettin him to focus on a toy I was moving around.dont know if it worked or not but he has no problems with his neck at all now.

I know its a bit nippy now but if you have the heating on then maybe try having nude tummy time, you never know it may be the bulk of the nappy which makes it a bit uncomfortable? I think thats what I'd try. Or maybe put a small cushion or folded towel under babies torso so they aren't completely flat and they are a bit more raised up.

She rolls even better when she's nudey :rotfl: .

The main reason for us wanting her to be on her tum is her flat head. I like the cushion idea, I haven't tried that since she started rolling so will give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back