babies sleeping on they fronts

neeko_1

Reaction score
the topic about putting babies on they front made me think about them sleeping on they front.

nay sleeps best on her front, and we all ways do put her on her front, unless she wakes up for a feed and then she sleeps on her side.

but is this a good idea for her to sleep on her front all the time, and does anyone do it too??

cheers :hug:

In order to prevent SIDS the recommendation is that babies sleep on their backs, with their feet touching the bottom of their cot, with no duvets or pillows or cot bumpers (sheets/blankets are fine if they are well tucked in), and that they remain in the parents room until they are 6 months old.

That's the official guide anyway xx

I always thought if they could roll back again they were alright on there fronts Keeley's always slept better on her front.

I also put Keeley to bed on her back and if she turned i just let her stay that way as i knew she could turn herself over again :)

Before Libby could roll, I always put her on her back, once she could roll back to front but not the other way, I would swap her back over if she rolled & I noticed, but now she loves sleeping on her front & I leave her to it, I feel ok about it now cos she can turn herself back over anyway :D

Olivia has always slept on her tummy, right from going into her cot. she wouldn't settle any other way!

In her pram she used to sleep on her side as there was as much room, but in her cot she would sleep on her tummy. When i put her to bed now she i put her down on her tummy, when i cheak on her i usually find her on her side occasionally on her back!

Olivia has always been fine on her tummy :D

Erin hated being on her back and just wouldn't settle, so after a week or so, I would put her on her side, but noticed that despite "propping" her, she would wriggle until she was on her tummy, so eventually I just left her on her tummy and put her down on her tummy.

She was an odd baby, though - she would wriggle up the moses basket / cot until her head bumped into the top and then she would properly settle to sleep.

She also had a cot bumper from 6 months old which is still in her cot to this day and she's nearly 2 and a half. We need to get her into a proper bed but she loves being in her cot.

millies always seemed happy enough on her back. but sometimes if someones cuddling her against their chest and they leaning back a bit and she falls asleep on them, then shes kinda on her front.

D always slept on his back till he could roll now he gets himself on his side but if he puts too much effort in rolls on his tum and wakes himself up i find him crying in the pushup position.. he can roll back to fornt in day but not at night apparently ..mommy has to do it :x :rotfl:

10yrs ago it was the norm to put LO on their fronts, now its backs, do what you feel is right for you and your LO, there's plenty of advice on the internet and more experience and real life here :hug:

cheers ladies :wink:

i'll leave nay on her front, she seems to like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back