Sleeping bag question

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Please don't think this is cruel but for the last month or so we've been putting Angels arms inside her sleeping bag too as she gets so frustrated with then out and her little hands are always freezing even when the heating is on (the houses are all chilly round here!). Is isnt big enough for her to wriggle down and get into the bag so surely its not doing any harm? X

I can't see how it's much different to swaddling. She'd let you know if she didn't like it x

Thats what I thought. She just thrashes her arms around and wakes herself up and gets frustrated and I know babies hands are usually chilly compared to the rest of their body but they were sometimes freezing cold and I hated it. XX

I'm not sure Hun, I'd be worried she would wriggle down. With swaddling they can't move but in those bags she could end up moving down it. Tbh, I would stop doing it straight away xxx

I didnt think the hole was big enough for her to wiggle down :S ahhh got myself so paranoid now :( xx

I used to put Owen in his proper bag and then put a swaddleme summer one on top which is thin and I could swaddle his arms in so he was all snuggled with no fear of him wriggling out cause the swaddle me had arm holes before the actual wrap bit x

I dont think it does do any harm, coz u can get sleeping bags with actual tucked in arms. She might not like it when she gets a bit older & finds her hands?

I looked into getting one of the ones with arms coz Kayden is always knocking his dummy out with his hands

:)

as long as her feet are at the bottom on the bed/crib/basket then she shouldn't wriggle down anyway. the head hole shouldn't be big enough to get her head through as far as i can see but it does depend on which one you have.

I always put her feet to foot anyway and it doesnt even look like she'd fit her chin under and into the bag let alone her whole head :S I've taken her arms out now for tonight to see how she gets on xxx

Have you looked into those sleeping bags with the sleeves? If your only worried about her hands would she keep mittens on at all?

Yeah I didnt know they existed till now lol just looking at some with the sleeves on the internet. Nah I tried mittens she wont keep em on bless her!! xx

I dont think it does do any harm, coz u can get sleeping bags with actual tucked in arms. She might not like it when she gets a bit older & finds her hands?

I looked into getting one of the ones with arms coz Kayden is always knocking his dummy out with his hands

Where where where???? Lily is getting too big to be swaddled and I've been considering her bag but I always swaddle her at night and I believe it helps her sleep....

What about sleepsuits where you can fold the hand bits over so there enclosed. My lo still has cold hands but he hated his hands being trapped and still sleeps
With his arms above his head!!!

Where where where???? Lily is getting too big to be swaddled and I've been considering her bag but I always swaddle her at night and I believe it helps her sleep....

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/120758922928?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

http://www.gro.co.uk/Grobag-Swaddle/Woodland-Friends.html

Does she wear a baby grow under it? Get the ones with built in scratch mitts for nights ! Might help! Think in mothercare they go up to 6 months? I can't see how old your daughter is tho as I'm on tapatalk xx

Buying them now! Are they as thick as the bags or just a thin sheet?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back