Sleeping bag and temperatures

millie15

Reaction score
Ok, am totally confuddled!!

Tried putting Niamh in her sleeping bag tonight as she just seems to 'break out' of all swaddling :lol: but I'm unsure of how to dress her underneath.

Our flat is generally between 18-21c (averagely about 19c), but the temperature really fluctuates between these. Her sleeping bag is 1.0 tog, although she also has a 2.5 tog. Is a vest and babygro underneath the 1.0 tog enough, or too much? What should I put her in when I use the 2.5 tog? And what if the temperature changes overnight?

Does a bodysuit mean vest and a sleepsuit mean babygro??? Gosh, am I that old fashioned I don't even understand these words???? :oops: :shock:

I found Baillie got too hot in a 2.5 tog with a vest and babygro - so we stopped putting a vest on. Safer to leave them cooler than hotter.

Hope this helps x

Kim x x x

Maia sleeps in a 2.5 tog and wears a vest and babygrow (bodysuit and sleepsuit) and she's fine, I find her bedroom is usually around 20oc when she first goes to bed but cools down to 18 and doesnt generally go below this temp.

Here's some guidelines on what they should wear with what tog

http://www.gro-group.com/grobags.aspx

thanks for the quick replies...maybe I should put her in the 2.5 then..?

Becky's a hot baby and she's in a vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog Grobag in her room which is 18C usually. Because Niamh is so ickle I'd put her in the same and obviously just keep an eye on how warm she feels on her chest (rather than hands etc).

For the temp you say your place is at overnight I'd go the 2.5 tog route and a sleepsuit and include a vest under also.

I say add the vest as the rule of thumb for the first month is to wear what you wear plus one layer.

Check for how warm she is by putting you fingers on her chest once she is in it all.

3196942895_52fbaac537.jpg

3196942963_0fe2437837.jpg

If the temp is within a degree or two of 18-19C then I'd not worry about doing anything. If it gets hotter I'd take the vest off but leave her in a 2.5 tog. If it gets cooler she should be ok unless it drops below 16-17C.

My LO sleeps in a 2.5 tog and a sleepsuit and its around 17C in our bedroom normally. Can drop to 16 or so at 4am though. When he was a newborn he was in a vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog and the bedroom went down to 16C. His hands of course felt cold but the rest of him was lovely and warm then.

our bedroom is a constant 21C and Macey sleeps in a sleepsuit and 1 tog sleeping bag no vest underneath

Blake is the same age as your little one and he sleeps in a long sleeved bodysuit, sleep suit and is in a 2.5 tog gro bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back