Sleeping gro-bag question

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
If the gro bag is too long for the baby, do you tuck the surplus in at the end of the cot so that the "feet to foot" safety advice still applies, or do you just let baby sleep anywhere in cot as they cannot wriggle down in gro-bag. Incidentally I am assuming they don't wriggle down, that is what I have been told, is this true in your experiences?

Also, I was planning to put a vest, sleepsuit and then the grobag on Imogen - gro bag is 2.5 togs so will she be warm enough in a room which is approx. 19 degrees celcius?

PS - how often do you wash the gro-bag?

yes she will be warm enough i that, i still put jack in the feet to foot just because i am so used to doing it, i dont tuck it in though but there is only a tiy bit of room at the bottom of mine

That sounds fine, that's what Austin wears in his. If she seems cold you can always put an extra blanet on but remember to check her temperature at her neck/inside her vest not her hands.

I never worried about feet-to-foot once Austin was in the sleeping bag as they can't wriggle down if their arms and head are through the right holes.

I wash his sleeping bag once a week, same as his sheets.

I don't put Oliver in the feet to foot position, because he can't wriggle down under the covers in a grobag. I don't wash it that often, mainly only if he's sick on it or his nappy leaks! He also wears vest, sleepsuit and scratch mittens with his 2.5 tog.

They'e like dungarees so they can't wriggle underneath. When Finn used his in his moses basket I just folded the end over.

Thanks Everyone that is reassuring. Think we will give it a go tomorrow night in the moses basket in our room for a few nights, then moses basket in cot in Imogen's room. Then hopefully move to in cot in gro bag. Although I have another Q about rolling over - think I'll post in another thread.
Thanks again. x :)

Hi you don't need to tuck the end of the grobag in. Your LO's head should not beable to fit through the neck hole so she shouldn't beable to wriggle down anyway. I have posted a link to the what to wear bit on the official grobag site. I just used wash Jake's grobag whenever I thought it needed washing like if he had been sick on it or done a smelly poo and left his scent on it :lol:

http://www.bumpto3.com/666.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back