From swaddling to sleeping bag

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave:

Does anyone's LO wear a sleeping bag to bed? I have one in the wardrobe its 0-6 months so I presume I could use it from birth (LO Is 9 weeks)

We've been swaddling which works great, but he wriggles out & spends 99% of the night outside the covers.

Can I still swaddle him for his last bottle but with the sleeping bag on too?

Also, I take it you put no covers on top??

I used them with eldest LO & thought they were great but didn't discover them til late on.

:)

I use a sleeping bag on Ryan (he's almost 4 months) then put a blanket on top and tuck it in to keep him in place or he wriggles around alot!

Yeah im thinking a thin blanket for over arms & neck

We've used sleeping bags from day one, theyre great! We just put a thin fleece over and tuck it down her sides to stop too much wriggling around and she sleeps fine like that :)

I've used sleeping bags from very early on. Poppy is such a wriggler that she ends up down the other end of the cot or sideways with her legs sticking out of the bars if we don't use one! I don't use an extra blanket either, she seems fine with just the sleeping bag, although if you buy the actual branded 'gro-bags' they come in different togs, and information on what your baby should wear to bed according to the warmth of the bag. They're really good! :)

i've got a gro bag but didn't think they could be used until later? x

It was boiling here when Ryan was born so we just swaddled him then we used the sleeping bag when he was about 3/4 weeks old.

We used the gro bag from about 10 weeks and she loves it! Our house is quite warm though so we don't put anything on top! She's always nice and toasty when we get her up so think its working well for us!

We used to swaddle and she would end up out of it as she's a wriggler too :) xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

My lo didn't like any covers as he gets really hot do although I covered him he kicked them off and hated a sleeping bag! So he had a vest under his sleepsuits for extra warmth. Now he's in his room he went in a sleeping bag at about 10 months when it started getting chilli at night and he loves it!he is also a real wriggler and never in the same place!i have a gro bag too and got it from tk maxx for £9.99

I use a sleeping bag and did from 2weeks... i wasn't good at swaddling lol. I have a baby k one and it has arms he also wears a vest and all in one, but my room can get cold so i have a fleece handy just incase xx

Jack has slept in his grobag since he was about 12wks old when the weather got a bit colder. He gets cold very easily so he goes in it too keep him cosy! He also has a shawl over him x

Thanks ladies, might give it a try & see how it goes! & keep a wee shawl handy for snuggling in for a bottle or if its a cold day.

:)

How did it go? I had a Nightmare for awhile after I stopped swaddling Arthur. He was unsettled for ages...

My LO hasn't been bothered by swaddling yet, so I've put him tonight in the bag with the bottom folded under (so his feet are at the bottom
of the basket) with a sheet tucked in over him under his arms, he seems happy enough but ask again in the morning!

What I did with owen previously was put Owen in a sleeping bag and over the top I put a really thin swaddle think its by the brand swaddleme( they sell they in Argos) its like a sleeping bag but has the swaddle bit on the front because he was also a wriggler! Now he just uses only his sleeping bag x

This is what I put over his sleeping bag as its so thin but he doesn't new it anymore x

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3991374/c_1/1|category_root|Nursery|14417537/c_2/2|14417537|Cots%2C+nursery+furniture+and+bedding|14417580/c_3/3|cat_14417580|Nursery+bedding|14417589.htm

Pinky - let us know how u get on

Thanks for the link constant star

Our bag is out of action it was puked on & is now in a huge pile of washing, will have to look into getting a standby. One of the downsides if LO gets too attached

:roll:

He was fine with it :) I think he spent more time of daddy's chest tho because he wanted me to catch up on his sleep but when he was in his basket he was perfect

I used one on Grace last night for the first time, she normally sleeps well with just blankets tucked over her but she also slept well last night in the sleeping bag and a thin fleece blanket on top :) I have only just been able to use it now that she weighs over the minimum weight for it, will be using it again tonight! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back