***Skull Theory Thread***

Emma.b

Reaction score
Im not sure if anybody will be interested in this but i thought as so many of us are impatient to find out the gender of our babies that this thread might help. Well probably not help, but it would be good to guess and see if we were right. :D

Even if you know the sex of your baby it would be interesting to compare pics for those of us still left waiting! Lol

I think the theory behind it is that the rounder the skull, from the eyebrows to forehead, the more likely it is for baby to be a boy and the flatter the incline from the eyebrows to the forehead the more likely it is to be a girl! There is a lot of conflicting information on this tho, so it could be wrong!

So i'll start us off the first pic is of my son 9 years ago, the photo is a little faded. This was taken at 13 weeks.

2012-11-19220203.jpg

The second is of my bubs growing in my belly at the min, i'm 12+6 days. And have no idea what the sex is! So guess away!

2012-11-19110936.jpg

Happy Guessing!!

x x x

Last edited:
I'm guessing girl from that pic Hun. Will try and find my 12w pic x

This theory confuses me so much as I've read the opposite, that girls have more rounded foreheads and boys flatter?!

I've been obsessing over my scan pic for weeks now looking for any tiny clue what it might be!! Got a 3d gender scan booked for this Saturday so not long to wait now!! :) x

From that theory I would say that Emma b. is having a girl and Doob is having a boy.
Here's mine arrached at week 13 on the nose! What do you reckon? Boy?

Last edited:

Aww how cute is this pic! Are they her little arms infront of her?

I think both of our babies are quiet similar?! Going by the above theory, which i think is right lol, then i believe my baby may also be a girl. Plus the skull is so much different from my sons!

It's gotta be a girl! lol

This theory confuses me so much as I've read the opposite, that girls have more rounded foreheads and boys flatter?!

I've been obsessing over my scan pic for weeks now looking for any tiny clue what it might be!! Got a 3d gender scan booked for this Saturday so not long to wait now!! :) x

I know your going for a scan soon but stick your pic on, see if we can't guess right! :D

I'm fairly sure the theory above is the correct on as i got it from a babysite who were also dicussing the skull theory and there happened to be a pregnant archiologists on! Who basically went on to say this is how they determine the sex of skeletons, and it seems to be fairly successful in guessing a babies sex too! But obviously nothing is 100percent, apart from when you pop out baby ;)

x x x

From that theory I would say that Emma b. is having a girl and Doob is having a boy.
Here's mine arrached at week 13 on the nose! What do you reckon? Boy?

Going by the above theory, i would definately be inclined to say boy. Bubs has a lovely round skull!

x x x

I know your going for a scan soon but stick your pic on, see if we can't guess right! :D

I'm fairly sure the theory above is the correct on as i got it from a babysite who were also dicussing the skull theory and there happened to be a pregnant archiologists on! Who basically went on to say this is how they determine the sex of skeletons, and it seems to be fairly successful in guessing a babies sex too! But obviously nothing is 100percent, apart from when you pop out baby ;)

x x x

Ok give me a min to get laptop on and I'll upload my pics :) xx

ok here goes........

Attachments

• scanpic1small.jpg
    scanpic1small.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 20
and another.......

Attachments

• scan pic smaller.jpg
    scan pic smaller.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 16
only 4 days till i find out so be fun to see who guesses right! :) xx

Oh yours is a bit challenging! In the top picture the forehead looks abit straighter which had me thinking girl. But then the bottom photo its very round, a lot like my sons.

I'm gonna go with boy! The bottom photo seems a lot clear than the top, and seems a better angle.

Be interesting to find out what your having! Keep me posted! x x x

Oh yours is a bit challenging! In the top picture the forehead looks abit straighter which had me thinking girl. But then the bottom photo its very round, a lot like my sons.

I'm gonna go with boy! The bottom photo seems a lot clear than the top, and seems a better angle.

Be interesting to find out what your having! Keep me posted! x x x

i thought exactly that!! top pic looks more like a girl but the bottom one makes me think boy!!

Ill let you know when ive been on saturday!! Can't actually wait!! :) xx

I think boy for Kirsty! :)

And here is my boy at 12 weeks :) xxxxx

Attachments

• scan 2.jpg
    scan 2.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 13
aarrgh Emma b im blaming you for starting off my obsession with this again!!

I had started to behave like a normal rational person and was just patiently waiting for my scan!! now im googling ways to tell gender and zooming in on my scan pic looking for further clues!!

I keep picturing us with a little boy so ill be shocked if they say girl on saturday!!

just can't wait to find out!! xx

Aww how cute is this pic! Are they her little arms infront of her?

I think both of our babies are quiet similar?! Going by the above theory, which i think is right lol, then i believe my baby may also be a girl. Plus the skull is so much different from my sons!

It's gotta be a girl! lol

Yeah. Think she's waving her arm and kicking a leg in that picture x

Oooo love a bit of old wives tales lol what u think based on my profile pic there then girls? I can't put it in I'm on my phone and iPhone is shit for putting pics up :(

Oooo love a bit of old wives tales lol what u think based on my profile pic there then girls? I can't put it in I'm on my phone and iPhone is shit for putting pics up :(

I'd guess boy from your profile pic hun. I've also read a more pointed chin is a girl and squarer foreheads are boys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back